[ 𝟓 ]

"I'm gonna head to the rooftop, really need a cigarette right now," Eunyu turned around and said to Yujin. The older girl furrowed her brows, a tiny frown appeared on her face. Why is she smoking at such a young age?

But she quickly pushed those thoughts away and erased her frown. It's none of my business, and it's certainly not my place to tell Eunyu what to do.

"You coming?" Eunyu asked nonchalantly, reaching for her pocket and took out a pack of cigarettes. Yujin simply shook her head, "You go ahead, I'll be in the lobby," Eunyu hummed in recognition, giving Yujin a small wave before she headed towards the restroom door, her brother's flannel in her hands.

"Hey, wait!" Yujin called out to the younger girl. "Please be careful," she continued. With a soft smile on her face, Eunyu nodded her head and exited the restroom.

After Eunyu left, Yujin turned on the tap and splashed cold water on her face. She leaned on the restroom sink, staring into her reflection in the rusty mirror before her, she couldn't help but let out a deep sigh. There were huge bags under her eyes, caused by her constant lack of sleep and her busy work schedule. She looked exhausted, she felt exhausted, and all she wanted to do was to lay in bed and sleep. But for now, she had to find out what was going on first.

Staring straight into her own eyes in the mirror, "Get it together," Yujin mumbled quietly to herself.

Suddenly, the lights in the bathroom flickered slightly, making Yujin felt uneasy. The next second, all the lights were completely turned off, her surroundings becoming completely dark, which completely freaked the young girl out. Fearing that the monster in the red dress she encountered before would appear out of nowhere again, she quickly grabbed her phone and rushed outside, only to bump into someone.

It was Eunhyuk.

Eunhyuk halted his movement, and asked the girl, "Have you seen Eunyu?" Yujin noticed how distraught and concerned Eunhyuk looked at that moment, probably worried sick about his younger sister. "Uhh yeah, she told me she was going to the rooftop for a smoke," she quickly replied. Hearing her response, Eunhyuk exhaled a soft sigh. "I swear to god, that girl..." he trailed off, exhaustion and anxiety laced with his words.

He began walking off when Yujin suddenly voiced out, "Sorry for asking... but do you know what exactly is going on? Like... the barricade at the main entrance, the people, the bloodstains outside..." Eunhyuk had this bitter look on his face, "You haven't heard?" Yujin raised her brows at Eunhyu's reply, gesturing for him to continue.

A deep chuckle escaped Eunhyuk's lips, "The world is ending,"

Wait what? What the hell? What does this even mean? And why is he so calm and nonchalant about this!

"What do you mean... the world is ending?" she asked as she raised her eyebrows even more, feeling bewildered by his words. This has to be a joke... "Didn't you get the notification on your phone?" Eunhyuk asked calmly. With his words, she quickly glanced at the phone in her hands, reading the top notification she had received 10 minutes ago.

Emergency alert. Those with these symptoms must be quarantined immediately. Nosebleeds, blackouts, sudden aggressive behavior.

Upon reading the unsettling notification, the color quickly drained from Yujin's face. "Oh god... is... about the monster..." she muttered quietly, fear making her unable to form a coherent sentence. "Monster?" Eunhyuk questioned, looking up to the ceiling as if he was trying to remember something. "The whole building is blocked, there's no way out other than the front entrance. But there was this one man... no, monster, right outside the entrance a while ago. He attacked one of the residents here," he continued.

"Attacked? What happened to him then?" she asked him frantically, but nothing would've prepared her for the answer she was about to receive next. "He's dead..." Eunhyuk replied in a hushed tone, but loud enough for Yujin to hear.

Her eyes went wide, so wide that her eyeballs were almost about to pop out. Her mind going completely blank upon hearing the tragic news. Without even noticing, her hands reached for her mouth and covered it in shock. Intense fear crippled the girl, freezing every muscle of her body.

"And... and the monster I saw outside my door and in the stairs..." Yujin began. Eunhyuk looked at her, his eyebrows knitted, feeling baffled after hearing what the girl had just said. Monster? What monster? "There's a monster inside this building as well?" asked Eunhyuk worriedly.

"Yes... I saw it... she was near my apartment, but then she ran away to the stairs. I saw her again at the stairway, she tried to attack but then this man fought with it. So it's dead now... I think," Yujin spoke in response. "This can't be..." the poor girl whispered in horror.

Eunhyuk simply pursed his lips together, staying silent the whole time. He simply had no clue what to say to Yujin. He wanted so badly to tell her that it was all a prank, and that there were no monsters and the man didn't die. However, he couldn't. There was nothing he could have said or done that would make Yujin feel better, cause he knew damn well that this is all true, and this is all happening.

Consumed in her own thoughts, Eunhyuk shook Yujin's shoulders lightly, breaking her train of thoughts and bringing her back to reality. She blinked a few times, taking a few deep breaths before she looked at the tall boy standing in front of her.

"What are we gonna do?" said the girl. "Honestly, I'm not sure," replied the boy.

As the two of them stared into each other's eyes, not one word was said. However, they both knew it inside their heart, that there would be a long fight ahead of them.