[ 𝟐𝟖 ]

By the time noon came, Yoonjae had already come back to the game center and Hyunsoo was seated next to Yujin as he quietly dozes off

By the time noon came, Yoonjae had already come back to the game center and Hyunsoo was seated next to Yujin as he quietly dozes off. The whole time he was asleep, Yujin never left his side.

The girl didn't dare to leave the boy alone with the strange man or the supermarket owner, afraid that they would do anything weird or creepy to him again.

Every time Yujin caught Yoonjae staring at them, she would glare back at him, causing the man to quickly avert his gaze.

Seokhyeon, the abusive supermarket owner who had just passed out the night before was already awake, and Yujin was actually grateful that he stayed quiet on the couch and didn't cause any trouble.

All of a sudden, the door opened and Eunhyuk walked in, a stern look on his face. Hyunsoo immediately woke up from his sleep at the sound of the door being unlocked, and everyone in the room glanced up at the boy with the glasses.

Quietly studying his face, Yujin couldn't help but notice how exhausted Eunhyuk had looked. Behind his glasses, she could see these huge bags under his eyes, and her heart almost ached by how distressed the boy seemed to be.

She wished more than anything to be able to share his burden, to help him out in any sort of way, and she had never hated herself more by the fact that she couldn't really do much to help in a situation like this.

"Hyuk," Yujin greeted him softly, and Eunhyuk quickly replied with a small smile.

Seokhyeon, still in his white shirt with all the bloodstains from last night, hastily got up at the sight of Eunhyuk and dashed towards him. "I'm really okay," he told him with a forced smile, hoping that he could leave the room by pretending to look as normal as possible.

Yujin bit back the urge to scoff at the old man's behavior. It was almost ridiculous how he really thought that his tactic would work, especially on someone like Eunhyuk.

"Cha Hyunsoo," Eunhyuk called out, completely ignoring the shorter male in front of him. Hyunsoo quickly lifted his head at the sound of his name and looked at Eunhyuk expressionlessly.

"I need to speak with you," he told him before turning to look at the girl next to him and said, "You should probably come outside too, it isn't safe for you to stay here with them."

A moment of pondering later, Yujin realized what he had said was probably true, so she quickly nodded at his words and got up with Hyunsoo, the two slowly began walking towards the door.

"What? Why are you only taking them?" Seokhyeon complained with a scowl on his face, but the three 18-year-olds simply ignored him and his whining.

Right as Hyunsoo walked past him, the old man latched onto his arm before glowering, "You're just being used."

The boy paused in his tracks and stared at the backs of both Yujin and Eunhyuk, his face void of any emotions. Hyunsoo would be lying if he said he wasn't taken aback by Seokhyeon's accusations.