[ 𝟏𝟒 ]

Seconds have passed when the monster dropped the young girl, her limp body fell down and hit the ground in a loud, sickening thud

Seconds have passed when the monster dropped the young girl, her limp body fell down and hit the ground in a loud, sickening thud. There was a deafening silence that dawned upon them. Everyone's eyes went wide, feeling absolutely distraught by the terrifying scene before them.

The woman let out an ear-piercing scream, her heart breaking into a million pieces as she stared at the lifeless body of her daughter.

Her scream was like a knife that stabbed Yujin in the heart, reminding the girl of her mistake that caused the life of two innocent people. Yujin couldn't bear watching this.

She was going to suffocate to death if she didn't leave right now.

Yujin hurriedly got up on her feet that were shaking violently, and dashed away from the scene with agonizing pain in her lungs. As she darted away, Eunhyuk's eyes followed, feeling worried for the girl.

As the shutter slowly lowered down again, Eunhyuk tore his eyes away from the girl and walked forward. Pulling the crying woman away, "No," he stated while pushing the boxes and shelves up, refusing to let the woman risk her life as he built a barricade over the door once again.

Eunhyuk barely had enough time to react when the shelf abruptly busted open, the long tongue of the monster puncturing the thin metal and waving around just inches away from his face. The residents around all screamed out in fear, not one of them knew what to do.

Eunhyuk was completely frozen in place with his stare fixed on the red, fleshy tongue. He didn't dare to move a single muscle, to even blink, afraid that even the slightest movement would get himself killed. As the monster's tongue slowly retracted back, it swept across Eunhyuk's face, staining his glasses and nose slightly with blood.

The woman's sorrowful cries echoed through the lobby when the monster fully retracted his tongue. No one dared to speak or move, still traumatized by the incident that took place seconds ago, the incident that killed the soldier and the woman's daughter.

Eunhyuk let out a shaky breath, feeling the blood on his face slowly trickled down his nose as he stood there in place. The images of the monster and the lifeless bodies replayed in his mind like a broken record, clouding his mind with fear. He had never been so afraid in his life.

Minutes have passed, people began to come back to their senses. A few residents crouched down to the sobbing woman who had just lost her daughter, trying to comfort her.

Taking a deep breath, Eunhyuk screwed his eyes shut. Get it together, Eunhyuk. I cannot be weak right now.

Yujin suddenly came to his mind. Eunhyuk quickly glanced around the room, peering around for the girl but Yujin was nowhere to be seen. He hadn't seen her since she ran out of the lobby a while ago. Worry began filling his chest as he ran further inside the building to look for her, praying that the girl was okay.