seventeen

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

✫*゚・゚。

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

Luke Patterson

"If you find my mom up there would you tell her that I love her?" Julie asks looking at me with her big brown eyes. We were close, close enough that her arms that dangled on her sides would sometimes brush against mine momentarily.

"Anything for you, Julie." I answer smiling down at the petite girl. Her smile grows wider but mine quickly vanishes as I notice Lorelei stomping out of the studio. Well, she certainly hates me now.

Should I go after her and explain or apologize? I mean... I didn't do nothing wrong, she just caught the conversation at the wrong time.
I look behind my shoulder to the boys who just discouraged what I was thinking. They knew what I was thinking without me even saying anything. I guess best friends work like that.
I snap back to reality and turn my eyes to Julie who seemed lost in thought

"You love her, don't you?" She asks out of the blue.

"I- Uh..-I guess- I mean.." I stutter not sure of what to say. Love is a pretty strong word.

"You don't have to lie to me." Julie interjects noticing my indecision. "I think you should refelect on your feelings so that you stop hurting both of us. She's a pretty amazing girl and I will be happy for you even if you realize you don't like me like that." She explains calmly.

I nodded and she quickly said goodbye before heading to her bedroom.

"Well that was hard to see." Reggie scoffed laughing at my discomfort.

"Quit being a player, dude, it doesn't suit you." Alex snickers. "What are we going to wear to the show?" He asks, his mood doing a complete 180.

I shook the unsettling feeling off and focus on tomorrow's show. We were doing it.. we were finally playing at the orpheum and all with Lorelei's help. Why is she always creeping up in my thoughts? It's like even when I don't want to think about her, something happens that remembers me of her.

"Last time walking through Hollywood?" Reggie asks snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Definitely." I smile. Last time walking in Hollywood. Last night on the world before going... whatever we are going to.

We poof out of the studio and into the walk of fame. Looking around and really taking in the all too familiar bars and stores. We could have fulfilled our dream and maybe have our own star on the ground one day. It sucks dying so young, not being able to do all the things you dreamed.

"I'm going to miss this." Alex sniffles. He was definitely the most sensitive out of us.

"Me too." I say hugging him and a few seconds after feeling Reggie's arms also wrap around me.

"What do you think the other side is like?" Alex asks after a few minutes of us wandering around the streets in silence.

"What if we go to hell?" Reggie asks looking frightened of the idea.

"We don't even know if there's hell and heaven." Alex scolds him.

"What if we just go back to that dark room we were for eternity?" I inquire, the thought sending chills down my spine.

We remain silent for a few minutes while walking without any destination in particular. But our minds unconsciously sent us to the orpheum.
We stood there just looking at the sign not knowing what waited for us after tomorrow.

"We can do this." I interrupt the silence grabbing both of the boys by their shoulders and getting them closer to me. "We definitely have to thank Julie and Lorelei for this." I add smiling up at the air.

"Yeah... what are you gonna do about them? Have you decided?" Alex asks pushing me lightly.

"If you hurt Lorelei, you better watch your back." Reggie threatens giving me a death glare.

"I don't-" I start saying but Reggie interrupts me with a girly squeal. Both me and Alex look at him confused by his behavior.

"I just realized.. Lorelei is my niece." He says like it was something new. I continue to stare at him still confused. "You have a crush on my niece. That's weird, dude."

I look at him with wide eyes and I feel a blush creeping up my cheeks. I slap him on the nape of his neck making both Reggie and Alex burst out laughing.

"I think it's clear who you are going to choose tomorrow." Alex smiles, winking at me.

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

AN So I'm really sorry for posting so little... Portugal has been really crazy with COVID (we are the number one country with the most covid cases per 1M habitants) and on top of that college has delayed the exams that I have been studying so much for because of the pandemic and suspended the classes so that has really messed up my mental health but I'm trying to still update whenever I can but I want to put out good content that I'm proud of.
The chapter hasn't been revised for grammar and spelling mistakes so I'm sorry if you found a lot of those.