four

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

✫*゚・゚。

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

"Are you going to the school dance?" Cam questions me once we arrive to school. Finally Friday.

"Yes but I have to leave before midnight because of the match tomorrow." I reply, opening my locker to leave my books.

"I heard that cool band of holograms is performing." He stated and I had to stop myself from chocking on my own saliva. Acting was definitely not my thing. Luke had already told me that they were performing yesterday but I couldn't tell Cam that.

"Cool." I simply let out, not sure of what else to say.

We walked a bit further down the hall and met up with Bea and Ivy. I still hadn't found the time to confront Ivy about the way she was acting towards me but it's not like I'm actually putting an effort into clearing my schedule for her.

The day went by slowly. Usually, I'm not thrilled to attend this type of events but this time I was actually very excited to be able to listen to Julie and the ghosts sing.

"Do you want me to pick you up tonight?" Cam asked once he stopped in front of my house. Ivy was on the passenger seat as they were spending the afternoon together.

"No, it's ok. I'll take my bike." I answer to avoid dealing with Ivy's bad mood.

I closed the car door and walked to my porch without waiting for a reply.

"Mom?" I inquire looking at the figure that stood in front of the kitchen isle.

"Oh hi, sweetheart!" She greeted happily, I had to push back all the pent up anger I built for her during her absent time so that I could enjoy the few moments she was actually present. "I didn't think you were coming home this early." She added. So she didn't come here to see me.

"I have the afternoon free on fridays." I reply setting my back on the floor.

"I really have to go, I have a shift in an hour. I just came to pick up some clothes. Oh! I left more money in the jar." She spoke quickly and began to pick up her stuff.

"Are you staying at you boyfriend's tonight?" I asked.

"Oh no! We broke up. I'm going out with some friends." She answered nonchalantly. Does she actually not care?!

"Ok." I simply reply heading upstairs so that she doesn't see the tear that fell from my eye.

I close the bathroom door behind me and look at myself in the mirror while I dry the few tears that slipped away without permission. You're stronger than this. I repeat to myself over and over again.