thirteen

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

✫*゚・゚。

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

Have you ever felt like you're not even the main character of your own life? Like you're just in the background and you don't have any impact whatsoever in other people's life. You're just there as a support system whenever they need something from you.
That's what I felt like for the longest time. After my dad passed away it was as if I was living inside a bubble. I was numb and my life didn't even seem like reality. To be honest, I've buried most of the memories from elementary school up until highschool deep down in my head, sometimes I don't even know if some things are memories or just products of my imagination.
But the summer that I transitioned to highschool everything changed. I met Cam on my first day of volleyball practice and let me tell you, we did not like each other at first. But the more we bumped into each other and the more we got to know each other, we became each other's support system and just like that, after like a month or two of school, my life did a 180. I felt like I had somebody there for me. And then Bea joined, after her Zane and we just formed this tight group of friends. Something my middle school self could only dream about.

I look around at the table. My friends were all messing with each other and I realized that I was lucky. A lot of people don't find something like this.

"What's on your mind?" Bea whispered in my ear, probably noticing my unusual behavior. No one but Cam knew about my complicated home life but I felt like I should share it with somebody else. I felt like putting the walls down and letting someone in. I signaled her to follow me and we waved at the group saying that we would be back shortly.

"I know I never talk about this but I want you to know what my life is actually like." I admit once we reach the empty classroom.

"I know that you don't have it easy in the family department, it's not hard to notice that. I just want you to know that I'll always be here." She said calmly. I sighed and explained everything. She already knew my dad died but I told her what my mom was like and what happened yesterday with her.

"And today, in the morning, she was in the bedroom sleeping. She slept home for the first time in three weeks." I finalize. I was waiting for the wave of pity or the sad puppy look that people usually give me after finding out how shitty my life actually is. That's why I refrain from telling this story to people. But no. Bea actually smiled and sat beside me. Not like I was a piece of glass about to break but like I was her equal.

"Do you feel like forgiving her?" She asked the question that haunted my mind for hours. Do I? Do I want to just forget the last 8 years of my life? "I know it doesn't feel like it.. but she is you mother and I think you're going to regret it if you don't give her a second chance." Bea advised.

After a few seconds of me just reflecting on what she said, she let out a stupid joke and just like that, the heavy, serious environment was gone. It felt nice talking about it with someone other than Cam and his family.

I open the main door to my house and walk to the kitchen noticing the silence. It was the first time I was alone in my house in awhile. Usually, one of the phantoms would be here.
The door bell was heard all throughout the house. I guess the quietness didn't last for a long time.

"Julie?" I question confused. "How do you know where I live?"

"Not important." She replies and enters my house.

"Ok(?)" I say even more confused. "Why are you here?" I ask and lean on the counter while eating the pack of cookies I just opened.

"There's somewhere I wanna go and I think you should come with me." She says nonchalantly.

"Ok. That couldn't have been any more enigmatic." I mumble with a mouth full of cookies.

"Well." She starts and takes out a folded paper from her back pocket. "Luke wrote this song about his mother and she never had the chance to hear it." She explains and hands me the paper. After reading the verses my eyes were filled with tears. I never knew this happened, he never really told me how he felt about the situation with his parents... he just told me they weren't close.

"What do you plan on doing with this?" I inquire even though I knew exactly what her plan was.

"I think we should both visit his parents and give it to his mother."

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

AN So can we ignore the fact that I haven't posted in almost a month 😌
Anyways here is a small sad chapter just because I've been stressed with college and I guess that makes me write depressing and sad shit.
I hope you enjoy and yeah... next chapter it will be all about the song Unsaid Emily.