nine

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

✫*゚・゚。

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

Tuesday. Not much to it. The only not so boring thing today was Julie's backyard show. Practice was cancelled today because the coach was extremely sick and, because of that, I had nothing to do during the afternoon. My friends that were as bored as I was, decided that it was a good idea to go to the beach and so... here we are.

"Lei?" Bea called out to me, interrupting my thoughts. "You're pretty quiet. What's up?" She asks sitting down next to me.

"I was just lost in my thoughts, I guess." I laugh. "Did you need anything?" I inquire finally sitting down as I was laying in my towel.

"We're playing volleyball. Come on." She instructs and grabs my hand, pulling me up. I follow her to the improvised net that Cam and Heath had put up and laugh when I see them struggling to keep it as a straight line.

"Look out! The queen has arrived." Cam grins at me playfully. I shake my head and chuckle at his childish comment.

After properly adjusting the net and a few rounds of me and Bea destroying Cam and Heath while Ivy watched from the outside of the improvised court, we decided to go to our towels and play some cards.

"What's up pretty people?" Zane greeted once he arrived. He was on the soccer team so he had to stay in school until later.

We all said our hellos and he came to my side to lay his towel. I knew what he wanted. I could see it in his face. Training didn't exactly go smoothly and he was about to release some steam with me. For some reason, this time I didn't want it to happen.
Ever since me and Luke have been spending more and more time together, cause he has been hanging out in my house everyday, I haven't felt like being with Zane.
Sunday he tried to make out but I said no and he was super respectful about it. The problem wasn't saying no to Zane because ever since this friends with benefits started, we both got with other people and put this relationship on hold without any drama. The problem was what me feeling like this implicated. Was I actually catching feelings for ghost-boy?
I felt Zane's hand traveling down my spine, caressing my lower back. I shifted my position so that I was now facing him and sighed.

"I think we need to talk." I blurted with a serious tone. Zane's and I friendship was always playful and we usually banter back and forth, so my seriousness was unusual. The others caught onto that because they all decided to go to the water at the same time as soon as that sentence left my lips.

"Are you seeing someone?" He went straight to the point. I guess it wasn't hard to figure out what this conversation was about.

"Not exactly." I sighed. "It's complicated." I admitted. He smiled at me and put a piece of my hair, that had fallen in front of my face, behind my ear.

"It's ok, we will stop." He kissed my cheek sweetly and laid back onto his towel. "You know I'll be here if you change your mind." He chuckled, getting back into his bad boy facade. I hit him playfully and stand up to go to the water with the others.

I arrived home after a tiring but fun afternoon with my friends.
After a long shower to scrub away all the sand and salt from my body and taking literally one hour to pick an outfit, I'm really losing my mind.
I finally drive to Julie's house and wait for my friends to arrive as I invited them all.

"Tell me again why we are at some freshman's house?" Ivy asks while we all walk to the garage.

"Sophomore." I correct. "And because her band is playing and she invited me." I shrug.

"You've been spending a lot of time with this girl." Bea points out, looking at me suspiciously.

"I mean yeah but it's because she has been- you know-" I trie to lie but start stuttering. I swear, I'm the worst actress ever. Thankfully Flynn introduces the band and I just shut up and focus on Julie sitting on the piano.

Once the band appears I see Luke searching for something in the crowd. Once his eyes finally lay on me, he winks and I giggle showing him my tongue in a playful way. I see Alex raising his eyebrow at me and Reggie is wiggling his to insinuate something. I roll my eyes at the guys and look behind me just to see Zane with a confused look.

"So he's the reason we are not hooking up anymore?" He whispers in my ear. I turn to him and try to deny but who am I kidding? He really is the reason and I don't even know why. "If I were you, I would be a little bit cautious." He warns me. I frown not sure what he is talking about. He motions for me to look forward to the band and once I turn my attention to the show, my eyes lay on Luke and Julie nearly kissing while they are sitting in the piano singing, my eyes start stinging with the tears that wanted to run down my face.

I look up at Reggie and Alex but they were already gone. I try to calm myself down before any of the guys could start to feeling my disappointment and sadness but I knew I failed once I felt Reggie's hand on my back. None of my friends see them, as expected, so I just come up with the dumbest excuse and follow the two boys.

"Are you ok?" Reggie interrupts the silence. Alex looks at him in disbelief and gives him a slap on the back of his neck as if scolding him. I laugh a little at their behavior and they turn to me relieved to see me feeling less crappy.

"It's ok. You should be celebrating with them." I speak after clearing my throat.

"Right now, you need us more than they do." Reggie says and puts his arm around my shoulder. I smile at him and for the first time in a long time, I felt like I had a home. As much as my friends were amazing and always there for me, there was always something missing and Reggie and Alex really fill up that hole in me.

We spent the rest of the day together and it was probably one of the funniest times of my life. Reggie and Alex were so carefree and we just ended up at some abandoned park talking and playing around. I didn't know I needed this moment until I was living it.

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

AN A little bit of bonding time between Lorelei and Alex and Reggie cause I felt like they needed it
Don't hate me for taking so long updating, I've been really busy with college but I promise I'm going to try to post at least a chapter every week.
Continue to leave me you guys' feedback and I will be updating this soon (: