twenty six

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

✫*゚・゚。

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

"You've been kinda distant lately." Cam complained as he drove us to school.

"Sorry. Just have a lot on my mind." I sigh closing my eyes momentarily.

I could barely sleep last night with everything that has been going on, waking up today to come to practice was an actual nightmare. I could barely keep my eyes open and, on top of that, I had forgotten to prepare my bag in advance the night before so I had to stumble around my room at 5:30 to prepare my gym bag as quickly as possible. Thankfully, Cam's team has practice the same time my volleyball team has so he was driving me to school as I don't think I would be able to keep my eyes open long enough to actually make it to school.

"You know I'm just worried about you." I felt bad. I truly hated lying to him but dragging him into this mess seemed like a bad idea and I wouldn't even know what to tell him. Hey I have ghost friends that were in a band and died 25 years ago? Oh and by the way, they are not so dead anymore but they should be and have to crossover in 4 days. Like he wouldn't sign me up for a psychiatrist afterwards.

"Everything is fine. I promise." I smile, grabbing his hand and interlocking our fingers.

"Is it your mom?" He asks after a few minutes of silence.

"No." I reply quickly. "Things with my mom have been amazing, she truly is making an effort." I smile.

"I'm happy to hear that." He gave my hand a little squeeze before moving his away to maneuver the car. "Is it about the guy you like then?" He tries again.

"Sort of.." I hesitated. I couldn't lie to him so giving him a half true seemed like the best option. "He is going away again soon and it's just not gonna work out." I explain forcing a smile.

"He was here?" He shoots up surprised. Oh shoot! He didn't know about that.

"Oh... yeah, him and his band came to visit Julie." I quickly come up with a lie. I'm getting better at this.

"I wish you would talk to me about this, whatever is going on." He sighs parking the car in the school. "We've barely talked this past two weeks. Did you even know I broke up with Ivy?" I've been a terrible friend. I shook my head and look down at my fingers embarrassed. There has been so much going on and I completely forgot about the people who have been supporting me from the beginning.

"I'm sorry." I whisper, not having the strength to actually speak up.

"You know what? Forget it Lorelei, go back to whatever you've been doing since we clearly don't mean anything to you." He finally snapped raising his voice at me. A shaky breath came out of my lips as I started pulling my bag strap to my shoulder.