ten

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

✫*゚・゚。

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

Avoiding Luke the next day was literally mission impossible. During school time, he didn't dare to say a word to me but I could feel his gaze following me throughout the whole day. The problem started once I finally arrived home. As much as I wanted to ignore him, it was truly impossible. I couldn't just lock him out of my house and having him nagging me every two seconds was bond to make me give up on the silence treatment.

"Just tell me what I did wrong." He pleaded for the hundredth time.

"Don't play dumb with me. I think it's pretty clear." I roll my eyes and continue to pour the glass of water. I turn to him for a few seconds and see his lost puppy look.

"I really do-" he retaliated but the sound of the doorbell interrupts him.

I go to the door without excusing myself to Luke. I open it without checking who was outside and in front of me stood the tall figure of my best friend.

"Is everything ok?" I ask confused. It wasn't unusual for him to appear in my doorstep but usually he would text me or call.

"I'm worried about you." He admits and steps inside. He walks all the way to the kitchen isle, walking through Luke in the process. "You've been acting extremely weird this past few weeks." He adds.

"I'm fine." I huff and seat on one of the chairs. Finally, after the interruption of two people, I grab my ham and cheese sandwich and give it a first bite.

"At first, I thought it was because of your mother but then I really thought about it and it can't be because she has done this a million times before and you never acted like this." He starts and paces around my kitchen nervously. I glance at Luke and see his pity look. He doesn't know the details, just that my mom is absent most of the time and that I don't have any other family.

"Please tell me about your theory then." I sigh in boredom.

"You like someone." He blurts out and I nearly choke on the bit of sandwich that was in my mouth. "I saw the way you looked at that guitarist in the concert." He adds and steps closer to me. I glance up at Luke and see him completely focused on our conversation.

"I really can't talk about this." I quickly try to shut him off. My cheeks felt like they were about to ignite in flames.

"Why? Jesus! I feel like you're shutting me out!" Cam exaggerates and grabs my hand that wasn't holding my sandwich. "I know how you get when you start liking someone." He states. "Plus, I thought it was really weird that you were suddenly hanging out with a sophomore but now I understand, it was all to be near him or.. in FaceTime with him since he is from Europe or something." Cam rambled and I looked at him in awe at his huge imagination. "And oh! You were totally jealous of them yesterday because of that intimacy during the song. I totally saw that." He added and I glued my hand to his mouth afterwards to stop him from saying anything else.