fifteen

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

✫*゚・゚。

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

I walk down the stairs and go to the kitchen so that I could make myself breakfast but the shadow of someone sitting in my living room stopped me. I enter the room and notice that it was Luke sitting in the couch going through one of the children's picture books that we kept in the living room as decoration.

"Hey." I say softly to try and not scare him. He looks back at me and closes the book smiling.

"Hey! Uh... sorry for snooping." He states awkwardly pointing to the book. I smile signing that it was ok and seat next to him on the couch.

Neither of us talked for a few seconds, probably because we didn't know how to start this conversation. I sigh and turn my body so that I was completely facing him. My thoughts started unrolling and I tried to turn them into words. I look up into his eyes and he nodded as if to encourage me to speak.

"I think it's clear that there's something going on between us." I say on a spike of courage, my cheeks immediately turning red.

"Uh.. what? What do you mean?" He tried to play it off.

I squint my eyes at him and grunt his name as if to tell him to drop the act. He sighs and starts to pounce his leg, a nervous tick that we both had. He opens and closes his mouth a couple times as if searching for the right words.

"I can't deny it but I just..." he interrupts himself looking at his fingers, too afraid to face me.

"But you like Julie more." I complete his sentence and scoot away from him slightly.

"No!" He said quickly a little louder than the usual talking tone. "No. I'm.. confused. I'm just confused." He stutters.

"You've been picking her from the beginning." I say in a whisper, not finding the voice to express my feelings. "Yesterday you went with her and just left me alone with your parents." I argue back and look up at the television, trying to avoid him because I knew I would not be able to go through with this confrontation if I looked at him.

"It's not like that." He immediately said. "I left because I couldn't bare looking at them crying and Julie came after me, not the other way around." He explained and I immediately felt bad about judging him and making an incredibly hard and important moment for him about me.

"I'm sorry." I apologized and looked at my fidgeting fingers out of embarrassment. "For making everything about me." I add.