twenty one

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

✫*゚・゚。

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

"Hey Julie! Someone is at the door." I shout for her. I was the first one to come downstairs to eat breakfast since I still had to pass by my house to get my books.

I hear Julie running down the stairs and quickly opening the door.
I steal a glance outside to see who Julie was talking to, after a few seconds of me trying to find a good angle that actually allowed me to see the person, I notice that it was a blonde boy about Julie's age, he held a bouquet of flowers in his hand. Julie has a few lovers, I see. After a few minutes of talk that I couldn't hear from where I stood, she came back inside with a huge smile.

"Who is that?" I ask her teasingly.

"Just a friend, Nick." She smiles with adoration. She's totally hooked. "He offered me a ride but I told Flynn I would go to school with her." She babbled and I laughed lightly at her nervousness.

"Go with him. I'll take Flynn." I encourage her.

"Thank you, Lorelei!" She squealed, hugging me. I push her to the door seeing the boy almost getting in his car.

I go back inside and watch the scene from the window. She calls out for him and enters his car all giddy.
I am doing this for her, right? Not for myself, to make Luke only have me as an option. Oh God! I'm totally doing this for myself. I'm such a terrible person.

Me and Flynn walked the hallways together. I could see people looking. I don't want to sound like a snob but people are always getting themselves into my business. Flynn seemed to be loving the attention so I was playing along with it.

"Do you have any friends to meet up with?" I ask her when I stop by my locker.

"Not really." She replied looking around still seeing everybody with their eyes on us. I mean, I guess it's unusual to see a sophomore hanging out with a senior.

"You can seat with me and my friends until first period." I tell her and I swear I could see her eyes popping out of her head with enthusiasm.

The morning went just fine, Flynn did basically follow me around but I didn't mind.. she was nice and fun to hang out with. Even my friends found her alright and laughed at her, sometimes, unfunny jokes.

"Guys!" Julie stops me and Flynn on our way to the school bar. "There's something wrong." She explains and pulls us into an empty room.

"What is it?" I inquire worried.

"Nick is not... Nick." She mumbles.

"Well that couldn't have been any more enigmatic." Flynn replies and I can't stifle a laugh.

"He talks like he is from another century and he does not leave me alone for one second. Something is wrong." Julie explains.

"You sure he wasn't like that before?" I ask. I mean, it is a possibility. They both looked at me like I was being ridiculous and I apologize, putting my arms in the air in surrender.

After trying to come up with a plan, we decided that it was best if we took him to see the band. It was definitely not a coincidence that right after all these things happened to the boys, this happens to Nick.

We went on with the day pretending that everything was ok but as soon as the last bell rang and it was time to go home, I gave a ride to Flynn, Nick and Julie back to Julie's house. The ride couldn't have been more awkward. Between Nick's continuous rambling and Julie's uncomfortable replies, me and Flynn had a hard time containing our laughter.

"Hello?" I ask as soon as I open the door. The boys pop out of their spot upstairs. Reggie was no where to be found though.

"Who's that?" Luke questions immediately looking straight at the blonde boy.

"My name is Nick. I am a special acquaintance of Julie." He answers with his obnoxious weird accent.

I look at the boys to see if they notice what the problem was. Luckily, they caught on quickly and it looked like they knew exactly what was going on.
They made weird gestures indicating me to go and talk to them alone.

"Distract him." I whisper into Julie's ear. She nods and smiles and I scoot away in the band's direction. "You know what's happening don't you?" I ask them as soon as we are alone.

"Well.. that's definitely Caleb's accent." Alex answers, looking at him.

"Caleb as in the crazy dude who put that weird stamp on you?" I catch up on their theory. "You think he is possessing him or something? I mean that's what ghosts do, right?" I start thinking out loud.

"What do we do?" Luke nervously bites his nails.

"We have to find out what he wants without him knowing that we know. But always be careful around him, it's obvious that his intentions are not good." I advise as they all nod in agreement. I look back at Nick and see him looking around as if he is searching for something.

"Where is Reggie?" I finally ask after settling that situation.

"It's a surprise." Alex says mischievously.

"Now I'm scared." I say looking between the two boys who just grinned at me.

We join Julie and Nick quickly shuffles his attention to the two boys, attacking them with questions. Both Luke and Alex seemed extremely uncomfortable and completely lost on what to say or do. After half an hour of Nick talking non stop and the boys giving the most vague answers they could, we were all exhausted of listening to him.

"We have to go. Lorelei, come with us." Luke says and grabs my arm

Between my complaints, they drag me to my car and wait intently until I finally give in and unlock it so that we could go wherever they wanted to go.
Alex was driving because between the two, he was definitely the most trustworthy.

"What is happening?" I say as we stop in front of a kids park. They get out of the car without saying another word and lead me to a hidden part of the park where Reggie stood alone. "What's going on?" I repeat looking at each of them.

"I found out where my parents live and I want you to meet them." Reggie breathes out, finally letting out the news.

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

AN I don't even know where I'm going with this but hopefully you're enjoying it?