fourteen

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

✫*゚・゚。

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

"Can you stop biting your nails? You're making me anxious." Julie complained and I immediately put my hand down from my mouth.

"Sorry. I'm just nervous.." I sigh and continue the walk to his front yard. I was moving incredibly slow so that I could rethink my decisions. We left so abruptly from my house that I didn't even process what we were doing correctly.

"Oh god!" She complained again and dragged me for a few meters until we were just outside Luke's doorsteps. "You're such a slow walker." She argued and rolled her eyes.

We stopped in front of his door and looked at it for a few seconds. I signaled for Julie to ring the doorbell and she pushed me to do it but I didn't budge.

"Weren't you the confident one a few seconds ago?" I inquire ironically. I am aware that we look like siblings arguing and, to be fair, even though Julie and I started on the wrong foot and we may or may not be crushing on the same guy, she was kinda like a little sister that I never had.

"I'm nervous too. Happy?" She admitted and crossed her arms and tried to pressure me into ringing the bell.

"Oh my god!" I give in.

"What are you two doing here?" Luke's voice is heard from behind us when I was about to touch the button.

"Nothing." I say quickly and put Julie in front of me so that she could explain.

"Real mature, Lei." She states ironically, while looking back to me. I don't look at her and just give a forced smile to Luke.

"So?" He asks again and steps closer to us.

"We came to give this to your mother." I quickly say. I wasn't even sure if he caught what I heard.

"How do you know where I used to live?" He stutters slightly. I look at Julie and Julie looks at me.

"I wanted to know more about you so I came here last week on your birthday when the boys and Lorelei were here too." Julie admits and takes a step closer to him. They were centimeters apart and even though it hurts to see the connection they have, I didn't want to let it show.

"You were spying on me? After all your speeches about boundaries you were spying on me.." Luke asks shocked. I step aside feeling a little bit like an extra in the conversation. Why do I always act like a jealous, obsessed girlfriend when they are together? I hate being like this. Get a grip, Lorelei!