twenty three

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

✫*゚・゚。

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

"How can this happen? I was just hugging and he... disappeared." I sigh, pacing back and forth in Julie's studio. Nick and Flynn were gone so it was just us and the boys.

"So... you met your grandparents. You came out and hugged Reggie and anything else?" She inquired, trying to figure this all out.

"I told him I loved him." I admit. "But we said it before and they came to life not vanish."

"What the hell is this?" Alex squealed when an envelope falls on his head out of no where.

"Read it!" Luke demands. I seat down next to Luke and rest my head on his shoulder. This day has been super stressful. He grabs my hand noticing my nerves and interlocks our fingers, caressing the back of my hand with his thumb.

"I'll read it." Julie says and takes the letter from Alex's hand. "Hey guys! You know where I am? In freaking heaven." Julie reads in monotone. She looks up and analyzes our faces. We were all confused to say the least. "I talked with this white lady and she told me that I completed my unfinished business. I did it before you. And there's a little smiley face with it's tongue out." She says and we all started to realize that this was from Reggie. Alex took the letter from Julie's hand decided to read the rest.

"She let me write this because you're taking too long to finish yours. You're unfinished business is not about what you didn't get to do while you were alive but something that impacts the lives of the living." Alex read.

"So when he allowed me and his parents to reconnect, he went to heaven." I mumble and they all smiled at me.

"Oh and by the way, she said you only have five more days before you're stuck in limbo forever." Alex reads the last part and we all gasp.

"Five days?" Luke practically screams with the news. "That's impossible. We don't even know what to do" he starts rambling .

"Let's calm down and focus." I say. My heart hurt with the thought of having to let go of them in just five days. But it would hurt even more if they had to live all eternity stuck in a dark room alone.

Both Luke and Alex looked at me and I knew they felt it too. I smiled at them and in a few seconds they engulfed me in a hug with Julie joining in after.

"We have to think." I say after we separated.

"Reggie passed on when he helped you and his parents. His family." Julie started thinking out loud. "None of you have the best relationship with your parents maybe that's what you also should do. Make amends with your parents." Julie exclaimed.

"Did you ever come out to your parents?" I ask Alex.

"I tried but they were always so homophobic without me even telling them." He sighs. I could see the hurt in his eyes, I can't imagine what it must feel like.

"Then maybe that's where we should start. Write them a letter and me and Julie will give it to them like we did with Luke's song." I explain my plan. He was hesitant, it was obvious by the way he opened and closed his mouth a couple of times before a sigh left his lips.

"I'm sure they haven't changed, the letter wouldn't even matter." He says defeated.

"You don't know until you try. A lot can change in 25 years." I cheer him up.

"You're right. Let's do this." He smiles weakly. "I don't have anything to lose." He shrugs.

"Start writing it. Make it seem like you wrote before the show 25 years ago. I think it will be more shocking if it's like that and it will touch them more." I advise and finally, my gaze settles on Luke. "Besides your parents did you leave on bad terms with anybody else?"

Luke and Alex exchanged a weird look. Alex's face fell with what I assume was realization. They went to a hidden part of the room and started whispering.

"Do you know what that was about?" Julie asks me, just as confused as I was.

"I have no idea." I answer truthfully.

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

AN I kinda hate this chapter but I'm in my exam season I college and time is not something I have sooooo chapters might not be as polished as I wish they would be
Here's a smaller chapter but 2/3 more chapters and I'll probably end the book. Still don't know if I'm going to do a epilogue or something. I'll see it when I actually finish the story (: