nineteen

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

✫*゚・゚。

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

Me and Julie were just arriving at her house, she was feeling down and decided that she needed me and Flynn sleeping over. I accepted because I really needed to enter the studio one last time just to embrace all the memories I had there with the band.

"Do you think they are in heaven?" I question after long, excruciating minutes of silence. We stood outside of the studio, all three of us too scared to face the reality that they were gone.

"I hope so, they were good people. They have to be there." Julie lightly choked on her words, probably because of the tears we both were fighting to keep inside.

I looked at both the girls that stood beside me and take a step closer to the door knob. I look behind me seeing their encouraging faces. None of us really wanted to actually accept that they weren't here but we had to.

"These were probably the best months of my life." I blurt out right before twisting the knob and entering the room emerged with darkness.

A sob escaped my lips and the tears started falling down when the memories with the ghosts flood my mind.

"I'm going to miss them so much." I choke out. I feel a pair of arms engulf me in a hug, thinking it was Julie, I hug the person back but as soon as my arms circled the body in front of me, I recognized the silhouette. "Luke?" I whisper distancing my head from the crook of his neck even though it was impossible to see anything with the lights out.

Finally, Julie pressed the lights button and I looked up seeing the boy, that didn't leave my thoughts, mere centimeters apart. Our noses almost touched and we couldn't tear our eyes from each other.
I knew Julie was talking with the other two ghosts but the conversation just felt like background noise and the only people in the room were me and him.
Luke steps back and I see one of those jolts of light attack all the boys again.

"Why didn't it work?" I ask looking around frantically. Alex and Reggie were sprawled in the floor and Luke stood a few feet away from me clutching his chest.

"I guess playing at the orpheum wasn't our unfinished business." Reggie mumbled.

"I don't want to lose you." I say as I hug Luke again, repeating the phrase in his ear over and over again.

The rest of the boys joined the hug and I smiled at all of them once we separated. Julie came close to me and held my hand seeking comfort.

"I-" I start but the words get caught up in my throat.

"We." Julie says as if reading my mind and knowing exactly what I was going to say.

"We love you." We both say while squeezing each other's hand.

The boys run back to another hug and we just snuggle in each other's arms, feeling their presence for what could be the last time.

"Why am I able to see them?" Flynn's voice is heard from behind us.

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

AN The next few chapters will be a little shorter and the story doesn't have more than 5/6 chapters before it ends. I hope you still enjoy it (: