seven

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

✫*゚・゚。

.✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

I woke up with the sun beaming on my face. I guess I forgot to close the blinds last night. I tried to shift my position but a heavy weight stopped me from doing it. I lifted my head and  was met with Luke's arm wrapped around my waist while his body was facing away from me.

I giggle without making any sound and cuddle up to Luke, not wanting to let go of his warmth. This is really not what I thought a dead person would feel like.

"I know you're awake." Luke's raspy voice startles me. He lifts his hand from my waist and stretches before turning to face me.

"I was still sleepy." I try to play off. He snorts and gets up from bed. "I'm telling the truth." I retort like a little kid.

"I'm going to pretend that I believe you." He answers not facing me while he searched for something. "Don't you have a clock?" He questions really confused.

"Our phones have a clock, we don't need anything else." I cackled. I reach to my bedside table and unlock my phone seeing that it was just 8am. "It's so early." I groan. I show him the screen and he starts getting his stuff in a hurry.

"The guys are going to wake up soon and notice that I'm not there." He starts to panic. I roll out of bed and try to tame my hair with my fingers.

"Do ghosts sleep?" I ask curiously.

"Well, yes." He answers. "We never feel sleepy and we don't actually need to do it but it makes us feel more alive and normal, I guess." He confesses.

"Oh that makes sense." I reply. "Do you want me to make you break-" I start to ask but get interrupted by a jolt of blue light that comes out of Luke's chest, hurting him. "What is that?" I question, getting closer to him to see if he was ok as he was holding his chest.

"This has been happening ever since the day we didn't show up at the dance." He admits and I looked at his eyes and all I saw was worry. "We still don't know what it is."

"What did you do that night?" I question to try and help finding out what is happening with them.

"We went to this ghosts club and the owner was really insistent on us joining his weird music group. He even gave us his stamp." He babbled excitedly showing me his wrist that had a little mark on it.

"Luke, don't you think that guy has something to do with it." I suggest hesitantly so that I wouldn't ruin his joy.

"I don't- I mean- What if he has?" He stutters, pondering on the hypothesis. "I have to tell the guys." He finishes and poofs out of my bedroom without letting me say anything