seventeen

seventeen

_____ 🌿 _____

Jungkook hates the cold, but he can't deny how beautiful the city looks when it's been frozen over with ice and snow. He loves the way the soft warm rays of sun bounce off the white surface, allowing the ice to look like it's glimmering. It's as if a thousand, tiny little crystals have been embedded in the surface.

It's warmer outside today than it had been over the past few days. Jungkook doesn't feel the need to be bundled up in several different layers; in fact he's hot just standing in the sun and he wonders how long it's going to last. He's hoping the heat will last for a while though. He needs the fresh air. Being cooped up inside the bunker all day had really taken a toll on him.

They'd been outside all morning and for most of the afternoon - their only break had been to eat lunch. While there had been sunlight all day, the night prior had brought a heavy snowfall that needed to be shoveled away. Neither of them wanted to risk being snowed in.

It was Taehyung's turn to shovel, and Jungkook could hear him as he sat by the bunker door, sipping from his mug. The hot tea almost burned his throat, but he liked the warmth that spread through him with each sip. He feels relaxed - a feeling he sometimes thinks is impossible given his circumstances. He cherishes the moment, knowing all too well that it isn't going to last, and that soon enough he'll fall bak into a semi depression. He felt guilty just thinking about it, and how much it's going to hurt Taehyung when it happens. He can already picture his worried expression in his mind and frowns. He hates seeing him like that.

He doesn't realize Taehyung can see him frowning however, and soon enough the older is coming up to him, dropping the shovel gently to the ground, and cupping the sides of his face with cold mittens. It's a little awkward when Taehyung crouched down to his height because of their coats, but they made it work. Taehyung is frowning too.

"What's wrong?" he questions, wanting to make sure that everything was all right with him. He didn't like when Jungkook got like this. He moved to sit next to him.

Jungkook furrowed his brows.

"Nothing's wrong," he replied, confusedly. He lent over and kissed him on the cheek. "Why do you ask?"

"You've got that look in your eyes - the one you normally get when you're worried," Taehyung responded. He drew him in for a quick kiss. "Just wanted to make sure you were okay," he whispered against his lips.

"I'm fine," Jungkook assured, leaning forwards for another kiss. Taehyung's lips felt cold and slightly chapped against his own.

"You sure?"

"Yes. I've never been better,"

Taehyung liked the sound of that.

Taehyung goes back to shoveling once he knows thatJungkook is okay. That doesn't stop him from stealing glances at him every now and then just to be sure. By the time he finished shoveling, the sun had begun to set over the horizon. Jungkook can feel a chill coming on, shivering lightly as he rose from his spot. He felt stiff from sitting almost all day. He can hear Taehyung panting as he disappeared back into the bunker to deposit his now empty cup. He knows exactly how he feels - to be completely exhausted after hours of shoveling. It won't take much convincing to get Taehyung to cuddle him later.

He's grateful to be able to finally shrug off his coat. Jungkook felt a little sweaty from wearing it for so long. He felt less heavy as he dropped it to the ground.

He wandered over to the sink, placing his mug inside before leaning against the counter. He's waiting for Taehyung to come join him. He's ready for a power nap of some sorts, and all he wants to do right now is to cuddle, but Taehyung doesn't immediately like he expected, leaving Jungkook a little confused.

After several long minutes, Jungkook shuffled over to his discarded coat and boots, and slipped them on. Poking his head out of the bunker's door, Jungkook glanced around. The sun had gone down now - but there was a slight sliver of light peeking out from beyond the horizon. The cold winter chill had returned alongside the darkness. "Taehyung?" he called out.

His response was a snowball to the face.

Jungkook shrieked in surprise. He could hear Taehyung laughing in the distance as he wiped the slush from his face, shivering from the cold. He pouted, even though it was too dark for Taehyung to see him. When Jungkook stayed silent, Taehyung's laughing slowly subsided and he inched closer to him.

"Babe? Aw, Jungkookie I'm sorry, I was just trying to - HEY!"

Jungkook tackled the older into the snow, and shoved a snowball down his coat before frantically taking off. Taehyung gasped in surprise at the intense cold, and scrambled to his feet to chase after him in retaliation. Seconds later they were having a full on snowball fight. It didn't last very long seeing as the sun had gone down and neither of them could really see what they were doing. The two of them were laughing so hard, however, that Jungkook thought he might cry. He couldn't remember the last time he'd had that much fun in the winter. Taehyung had wrapped him up in his arms with his face buried into his neck, blowing hot air onto his skin with every exhale. Jungkook wished every day could be this carefree.

"Jungkook?"

"Yes Taehyung?"

"I love you. I love you so fucking much it hurts,"

"I love you more," Jungkook whispered. "Can we go inside now? I'm cold,"

Taehyung giggled as he scooped him up into his arms, and carried him back to the bunker. "Are you hungry?' Taehyung questioned.

"I'm starving,"

_____ 🌿 _____

hi. i'm not dead. didn't mean to just up and fuck off for about two ish months. i was doing so good with this story too. but hi, i'm back, and hopefully going to be able to update again soon. i have a few chapters written out, i just need to edit them. please bear with me (: