eighteen

eighteen

_____ 🌿 _____

Taehyung would never get tired of hearing Jungkook read aloud. There was something so soothing about the younger's voice that could instantly relax him. He spoke with such confidence and power that left Taehyung captivated by his words.

The heavy snowfall was back, forcing them to stay indoors. Every so often one of them would rise to check to see if the height of the snow and to maybe do some shoveling, but that was as good as it got for fresh air. Taehyung wondered how long this weather would last. He didn't know how many days had already passed, but he knew Jungkook would go crazy if he got stuck inside for too long. He could tell how much the younger missed the warmth and sunshine.

Neither of them had been in the mood for board games - that's all they had been doing for the past few days - so Jungkook had taken to reading aloud; something he hadn't done in a long time.

Neither of them had read or even heard of Dr. Dolittle, but Jungkook had found it one year, and it was such a simple read that they decided to give it a try. Surprisingly, they found it quite enjoyable, and they were having a lot of fun with it.

"There is an island not far from here, said the porpoises, where the wild onions grow tall and strong. Keep straight on - we will get some and catch up to you,"

It was moments like these that Taehyung adored the most - when he got to curl up on the couch with his boyfriend, with his back against his chest and listen to the sound of his voice. Every now and then, Jungkook would turn the page, the soft sound resonating in his ears. It was comforting to him.

"The lions are never in trouble - they only make trouble, said the leader, turning up his nose. And he stalked away into the jungle, feeling he had been rather smart and clever."

Taehyung ran his hands through Jungkook's hair and kissed the top of head. As a result, Jungkook let out a quiet yawn.

"Don't do that," Jungkook pouted as he turned the page. "You'll make me...me...tired," he yawned again causing Taehyung to chuckle lightly.

"Is my baby tired?" mused with a smirk.

Jungkook made a whining noise, chasing Taehyung's hand as the older carded his fingers through his hair again. Jungkook was in fact tired, but he was too comfy to want to move from the couch. Taehyung repeated the action once more, and again, the younger yawned. "Sleepy?" Jungkook could hear the smirk in his voice, but nodded anyways.

"M' comfy though," he replied. "Don't wanna move,"

"We can cuddle," Taehyung prompted as he took the book from his boyfriend to mark the page. "If you fall asleep, I'll just carry you to bed,"

He set the book down by the couch, and shifted Jungkook so that the younger was now lying comfortably on top of him. He continued to card his fingers through his locks, noting just how long his hair was getting. Taehyung liked the length - it made him look good. Jungkook almost instantly relaxed against his hold, fingers gently curling around the fabric of his shirt.

"You look so pretty," he whispered, kissing the tip of his nose. A faint blush rose to Jungkook's cheeks.

"You're pretty," he argued tiredly. Taehyung snorted in response and kissed the top of his head. He found tired Jungkook completely adorable.

How did I get so lucky? He wondered to himself.

"Get some sleep baby," he whispered.

"You get some sleep,"

Taehyung laughed quietly; the vibrations resonating through his chest were oddly calming to the younger. Fading out pretty, Jungkook snuggled closer to Taehyung, resting his head in the crook of his neck. "Night," he whispered, almost inaudibly.

"Goodnight love,"

_____ 🌿 _____

look at me go, updating and all that jazz