twenty-five

twenty-five

_____ 🌿 _____

History was bound to repeat itself.

Jungkook was just grateful he wasn't the one who screamed this time.

That morning had started like any other; he and Taehyung had spent the morning outside, rummaging around the grocery story to stock up. They'd been debating all morning whether or not they were going to let Hen Solo keep some of her eggs so that they'd hatch into baby chicks. More chickens meant more eggs, but that also meant there'd be more to care for. He wasn't sure if they could handle more than one, but he brought up the subject anyways, because he felt bad that she didn't have a companion.

"But we're her companions," Taehyung had protested, giving him a funny look. "We always will be,"

"I know, I know," Jungkook replied, "but...baby chicks Tae. We could be grandparents!"

"Grandparents?" Taehyung quirked a brow.

"Well Hen Solo is basically our daughter, Taehyung, so yeah, we'd be grandparents,"

"Are we ready to be parents Jungkook?"

"Well were we ready to be parents? Hen Solo did come out of nowhere, Taehyungie,"

"Hey! We did a great job with Hen Solo!"

"Then I think we'll be fine,"

And that was that.

The conversation was not over, however, as they never really did come to a conclusion at that moment. It wasn't until they were halfway home that they had decided that she could keep two of her eggs. That way she'd have two babies to keep her company, and Jungkook could be a "granddad" so to speak. The two of them were so engrossed with their debate that they didn't notice two men in the distance trying to corral a rooster in a large metal cage.

Which is how the screaming happened, because after the two men had captured their rooster, they bumped into Taehyung and Jungkook. The taller of the two strangers - a man with semi-long, black hair and pale skin let out a horrifyingly loud screech and stumbled backwards.

"JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, LORD ALMIGHTY!"

"MIN YOONGI!"

The smaller male had to catch the older from falling flat on his ass. He was both shocked and embarrassed, his face turning a little red on behalf of his counterpart.

"I'm really s-sorry, he doesn't normally scream at people, we just-um...well, we haven't seen anyone in years, so-" his face turned even more red as he stumbled over his words.

"Don't worry," Taehyung said through his laughter. "Jungkook here screamed at me the day we met - in fact, he still screams at me,"

Jungkook pouted up at him.

"Taehyungie, don't be mean," he frowned. "I do not scream at you anymore-"

"You scream at me just the other day, don't lie to me,"

In the midst of everything, the four of them were very calm. Taehyung ruffled Jungkook's hair and turned back to them.

"I'm Taehyung, and this is my husband, Jungkook,"

"I'm Jimin - and this - is my husband, Yoongi. Oh! And that's Kylo Hen, our rooster. He's a bit of a pain in the ass, but we love him,"

Jungkook raised a brow. "You named your rooster Kylo Hen?"

"Yeah," Jimin replied, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.

"When we found him, it had been next to a faded Star Wars poster...it had been funny at the time, but it seems a little stupid now," Yoongi added.

"No, no, not stupid," Jungkook replied, shaking his head, "our chicken's name is Hen Solo, so clearly our sense of humour is one in the same,"

"Oh my god, Yoongi, they have a chicken named Hen Solo! Can we keep them?"

"Jiminie we can't keep strangers," Yoongi replied. "Besides, we wouldn't want to encroach on their land, we're just passing through and-"

"Oh please stay," Jungkook begged, interrupting Yoongi. "Taehyung and I haven't seen anyone else in almost eleven years, and as much as I love my husband, it'd be nice to have some company...and preferrably someone who doesn't cheat at scrabble or monopoly,"

"HEY! I don't cheat!"

Jungkook ignored him as he looked at them. Jimin peered up at Yoongi with wide eyes and a pout.

"Please?"

"Okay," Yoongi chuckled, wrapping an arm around his shoulder. "We can stay,"

_____ 🌿 _____

i hope you all are having a nice day