eight

eight

_____ 🌿 _____

Taehyung helps him hang up the laundry when they're done down by the lake. Jungkook's watching him silently as they hang everything up - they've added a second clothesline now. Jungkook does this a lot, and he tries not to make it creepy, but he can't help but stare at Taehyung. He's just so handsome, and well...what else is he going to stare at? It doesn't help that Taehyung had committed to not putting his shirt back on, and is only walking around in a pair of old sweats. He's taking in the definition of his abs, and his back muscles, and he can feel his cheeks heating up with every passing second. He shouldn't be staring like this.

He forces himself to look away, and focuses on the basket, which is now empty except for the bag of dishes. He picks up the basket and tucks it under his arm. "You know," Taehyung began as he finished hanging the last of his clothes. He slung an arm over Jungkook's shoulder and pulled him against his side as they wandered back to their trailer. "I can tell when you're staring,"

Jungkook blushed. "Sorry," he mumbled. He's embarrassed now, and he doesn't mean to do it. It's just become a part of his routine, just like journaling or gathering things on a daily basis. Taehyung chuckled, and kissed the top of Jungkook's head.

"I don't mind," he replied, ruffling his hair. "I like when you stare," and Jungkook nearly trips at this confession. He's been with Taehyung for almost four years now, and he's still taken back by how blunt Taehyung can be. He swears he does it on purpose.

"Y-You do?"

"Uh huh,"

"Well then," Jungkook mumbles. "I'll keep that in mind," to which Taehyung laughs. He takes the basket from Jungkook, despite the boy's protests that he can carry it himself. He falls quiet when Taehyung slips his arm around his waist though. Taehyung does that a lot whenever they're walking together. He likes being close to Jungkook though, because it's comforting. And Jungkook never seemed to mind, so he continued to do it. Taehyung is constantly touching him in some sort of way - whether it's playing with his hair or holding his hand. It's like he's afraid that if he doesn't touch him, he's going to vanish into thin air. He needs to know Jungkook is there, that he's real. He's still in denial that this is all happening.

Jungkook let his head rest against his shoulder. "You don't have to carry it, It wasn't that heavy," he muttered, although he's grateful he did. It meant that he could wrap his arms around Taehyung's torso, and steal his warmth. Not that he needed it, it was still warm out, but nonetheless.

"You don't seem to care that much," Taehyung comments, noting the clingy nature.

"You weren't in bed when I woke up, I'm making up for it,"

"I'm sorry," Taehyung frowned. He hated knowing he'd upset the younger. He knows how hard it is for him to get up some morning. "I'll make up for it when we get back, we can stay in bed for a bit. How does that sound?"

Jungkook smiled and nodded his head.

He was pretty sure he was in love with this man.

After their first winter together, Taehyung and Jungkook had grown accustomed to sharing a space. So when the snow melted, along with the thawing ice, and they returned to the trailer park, Jungkook and Taehyung had moved in together. After exploring deeper into the trailer park, they'd stumbled across a trailer big enough for two, and moved all of their belongings in. Sure, it meant they had a further walk when they needed water, and they had further to go when they went out, but it was worth it. There were bigger spaces and Jungkook had expanded his garden after acquiring more kinds of seeds.