seven

seven

_____ 🌿 _____

Sunlight stretched across the lake. In the early morning glow of its light, the water glimmered, shining brightly under the sun's rays. Jungkook sat alone on the edge of the lake, washing out his cup. It would have been an odd sight to see. Why on earth would a twenty year old man be washing his cup in the lake when he had a perfectly good home in which to do his dishes. Truth be told, he could do the dishes in the trailer if he wanted too. He had found a trough not too long ago that he could have filled with water so that he didn't have to come all the way down to the lake in order to do his dishes or his laundry, but if he was being honest, he liked doing it. The view in the morning was breathtaking, with the way the sun rose over the trees, and spreading out over the water. Jungkook had been getting up earlier just so he could watch the sun rise. He enjoyed it.

But he did not enjoy waking up to an empty bed. It was cold without Taehyung next to him. Sometimes it was hard to get out of bed those days, but he'd managed to pull himself together this morning in order to get what needed to be done out of the way. He'd let the laundry pile get too high and there were dishes everywhere.

He's humming softly as he washed the cup thoroughly. He doesn't want to risk getting sick by now washing the cup properly. He'd had a sickness scare a couple of months ago, and he'd been terrified of dying.

But he got better, and made sure that anything that was going to hold his food or that his mouth touched got washed.

He set the cup down and sighed. A gust of wind blew past him, making him shiver lightly. The weather was still warm, but fall was fast approaching. He was going to have to start winter preparations soon. He dreaded the thought.

He gathered up his dishes, and began placing them into the bag he'd used to carry them down in. He placed it in the wagon alongside the basket of clothes that needed to be hung up. He then got his feet, and screamed, tripping over his feet in the process of trying not to stumble back into the water. Luckily for him, two hands shot out to grab him before he could get soaked.

"Honestly love, you'd think that after all these years, you'd be fine with me just popping up, but you're still at it. What happens when I miss, and don't catch you, hmm? What am I going to do with you,"

"You jerk! You could have warned me you were standing behind me!" Jungkook whined as Taehyung steadied him to his feet. "You know how easily spooked I can get,"

Taehyung chuckled, and pulled Jungkook into his chest. "I'm sorry, I'll warn you next time," he mused, kissing his forehead.

"You better," Jungkook grumbled.

It was hard to believe that almost four years had passed since Taehyung had shown up out of the blue, but these four years had been the best of Jungkook's life. He'd never been happier. They'd changed a lot in those years. Taehyung had finally cut his hair, much to Jungkook's dismay. He liked his long hair, but it had been too hot this summer for him to keep it. That wasn't to say Taehyung looked bad with short hair - on the contrary, Jungkook found Taehyung very attractive. He didn't think Taehyung could ever look bad in his opinion. Jungkook on the other hand was growing his out. He had thought about cutting it, but Taehyung was fond of playing with his hair, so he left it the way it was. It felt nice when Taehyung would repeatedly run his hands through his hair. It was calming and Taehyung usually did it to help him fall asleep at night. Despite having their own spaces, they'd been sleeping together a lot more. Ever since he'd fallen sick, Taehyung rarely let him out of his sight. He was constantly worrying about him. It was adorable, and Jungkook would have been bothered by it if they were under different circumstances. But it was the end of the world and they were all they had. He didn't blame Taehyung for being scared.

Jungkook took in Taehyung's appearance. He seemed well rested, not like the past few days where he hadn't been sleeping. It was too hot at night in his trailer, and often ended up in Jungkook's bed where it was much cooler. He was wearing a tattered pair of jeans that had too many tears in them. Jungkook wished he knew how to sew, because he could then patch them up. They were going to have to go and raid one of the abandoned clothing outlets or something - stock up for the winter.

"Where'd you go this morning?" Jungkook asked, resting his head on Tae's shoulder. "I missed you, it was too lonely,"

"Not very far, I was cutting wood," Taehyung replied. "I can see you're already thinking about preparing for the winter. You have that look on your face. I thought I'd get a head start. Wanna make sure we have enough firewood to last us at least through the coldest months. You know I hate chopping wood in the snow,"

"Yeah, so do I," Jungkook sighed. "I guess we should start setting up the apartment building then huh? Make sure that it's snow proof and all,"

"That can wait," Taehyung murmured, pressing his face into his hair. "Let's enjoy the sun while it lasts alright? We can start in a couple of days,"

Jungkook nodded, and then made a face. He pressed his nose against the column of Tae's neck and scrunched his nose up. "You need a bath," he stated, grabbing Taehyung's hand. He pulled him closer to the water's edge.

"I do not smell," Taehyung argued, trying to squirm out of Jungkook's grasp.

"Yes you do," he retorted, and he began pulling at Taehyung's shirt. The battered tank top barely fit him anymore. He pulled it up and Taehyung had no choice but to let Jungkook remove his shirt. Jungkook made a point of gagging. "You stink," he chuckled, throwing the shirt on the grass.

"I do not! I don't need a bath, you do," Taehyung argued. Jungkook was rolling his eyes and reaching for Taehyung's belt.

"I had a bath last night!" Jungkook replied, shaking his head. "It's your turn Tae," he added, removing the belt. He let out a squeal of surprise as Taehyung grabbed him by his shirt and hoisted him up over his shoulder. "TAEHYUNG! PUT ME DOWN!"

Taehyung smirked. "If you say so,"

"N-n-no, no no, Taehyung don't you dare, don't- TAE!"

Jungkook hit the water with a splash. The water wasn't too deep where he landed, but deep enough that he wouldn't get hurt. He spluttered up water as he resourced, scowling at Taehyung who was laughing in response. He pouted. "You're a jerk!" Jungkook whined, standing up. "I do not need another bath!"

"You sure about that love?" Taehyung teased.

"That's it, you better run Taehyung, or so help you-" Jungkook lunged for the man, crying out in success when Taehyung slipped and wasn't able to run away fast enough. He wrapped his arms around his neck and pulled him back into the water.

Tae splashed him when he resurfaced, but he was laughing. Jungkook couldn't help but laugh too. How could he not? Taehyung had an infectious laugh. "I hate you," Jungkook said with a playful tone. He made no move to get out of the water yet, and instead watched as Taehyung ducked his head back under the water before coming back up.

"I know," he replied with a smirk. "Look on the bright side, you won't need another bath for a day or too,"

Jungkook splashed him. "Oh shut up,"

_____ 🌿 _____

i love these two