ten

ten

_____ 🌿 _____

They don't stray this far when the cold begins to hit. But Taehyung can tell that it's getting harder for Jungkook to get out of bed. Winter preparation takes up a lot of their energy and Jungkook usually feels tired after a couple of hours. He's hoping that by taking a day off it might help with Jungkook's stress. He knows that he's a bit iffy about wasting the day, but Taehyung promises that they'll hit up the grocery store on the way back and stock up so that they can feel somewhat productive. It's enough to coax him out of bed.

They end up at this old abandoned mansion. There's tons on them all this road but Taehyung has his eyes set on one in particular. It's modern looking, and all white with large windows. "Maybe we should stay here for the winter," Tae teases as he helps Jungkook over the fence. Jungkook rolled his eyes with the faintest hint of a small.

Despite all the years that had passed, the inside of the house had managed to withstand the test of time and was clean on the inside. Their footsteps echoed loudly throughout the living area. This place was much nicer than any house Jungkook had ever lived in and they were only in one room. The high ceilings, and white - well white everything - gave the house a modern and elegant feel, along with the dark crown moldings and accented furniture, just made it feel very fancy overall. Jungkook could only dream about houses like these as a child. It was hard to imagine that he was standing in one now. "It's beautiful in here," Jungkook murmured.

"It is..." Taehyng agreed. "-not as beautiful as our trailer, but still gorgeous,"

Jungkook snickered in response, which made Taehyung smile.

They split up after that - Jungkook stayed on the main floor while Taehyung searched the upstairs area. They didn't know what they were looking for, but they'd brought the wagon just in case. There really wasn't much though. Jungkook raided their kitchen, and there were a couple of cans and even alcohol that he slipped into the wagon, but as for things that they could take it was very sparse. Even their book collection - which had excited him at first - was sparse. There was nothing interesting, just sports books and fashion magazines. He takes a disinterest in them. He had hoped that a house like this would have at least had something interesting to read. He had plans to ignore them as he moved on into another room but at the last minute, he scooped a bunch of magazines into his bag. It would make good kindling for a fire.

He slowly becomes uninterested in the rest of the house as he wanders around the main floor. It doesn't look like any children lived in this home, meaning he didn't find much life to it. He gave up after a while, and sat by the front door waiting for Taehyung to finish up his snooping.

He knows Taehyung is trying to cheer him up by bringing him out. He loves to go exploring with him, but he's feeling discouraged because of the cold weather. He doesn't mean to be a downer, and he doesn't want to make Taehyung upset, he can't help it. Jungkook tried to think of happy thoughts so that when Taehyung returns, he can be engaging and hopefully make him smile.

Taehyung doesn't return for quite some time, and Jungkook is starting to get worried. He can't hear him moving around upstairs anymore, which makes him think he's standing in one spot. He's listening closely, hoping to catch any sound, but he's got nothing. Jungkook frowned. "Taehyung?!" He stands from his spot and calls out to him. He doesn't get a response. "Taehyung?!" he called again. He can feel shivers run up his spine, but as he moves towards the stairs, Taehyung is bounding down them startling him. Instinctively, Taehyung is already wrapping his arms around him to prevent him from falling. What catches him off guard is the way Jungkook's arms are sliding around his neck, pulling him closer to his body.