twenty-four

twenty-four

_____ 🌿 _____

diary entry #1761
found and old ring today....I think Jungkook would like

_____ 🌿 _____

Taehyung was 26 and half years old, and for the first time in his life, he thought about marriage. It wasn't something he put much thought into before. He didn't have a reason to when he was younger, and when the world ended, there hadn't been anyone around to marry. So there wasn't a need to think about it.

And then he met Jungkook, and everything changed. They never spoke about marriage specifically over the past years, but they sometimes spoke about what they thought life would have been like if things had been different - and Taehyung would like to believe that maybe the two of them would have found each other if that were the case. It wasn't until he met Jungkook - wasn't until the last year or so - that Taehyung had begun to think about marriage. The idea itself seemed ridiculous to him; what was the point of marriage in the aftermath? It was a word with no meaning in this world. But he knew he wanted to marry Jungkook, and that was what mattered

He doesn't know how he's going to pop the question, and he isn't sure how Jungkook is going to react to his proposal which is the part that scares him most. Taehyung is deathly afraid that Jungkook is going to leave him if this doesn't go according to plan.

Of course he's overreacting. He knows this, but it's something they've never discussed, and Taehyung can't predict his response to it.

He's not going to leave you, he thought to himself. Just relax.

Taehyung tried to control his breathing as he stepped out into the morning light. The sun was still low in the sky - a little too early for Jungkook to be up - but they did need to do laundry, and figured that he decided to do it sooner than later. He chuckled to himself then. For the first time in forever, Taehyung had been the one to wake up to an empty bed, and not the other way around.

As he stepped out of the trailer and walked towards the hill, Hen Solo clucked at him from her homemade chicken coop. He smiled at her, and took a moment to pet her on the head.

After a decade in the aftermath, Taehyung finally got his wish when the two of them had run across a baby chick running around the city. Taehyung refused to let Jungkook send the chick away, and suddenly the two of them had a baby chicken living in their trailer. Jungkook had to admit, he did enjoy having something to care for (other than Taehyung, but he'd never admit that to his face).

"Morning Hen," he said. "Feeling good today?"

She clucked at him.

"Yeah, I am a little nervous, but I think...no, I know this is going to be great," He told her. "Wish me luck?"

Another cluck, accompanied by a light nibble.

"Thanks Hen," He took a deep breath and let out a heavy breath. "Here we go," he told himself. He had plans to let Jungkook finish laundry, but he was impatient and the anxiety had gotten to him. He needed to know the answer. Now.

He was nervous by the time he reached the top of the hill. He thought he'd have no more time to think about what he wanted to say to him, but Jungkook was appearing over the top of the hill, with a heavy basket of soaking wet clothes resting against his hip. He seemed slightly out of breath from carrying it up the hill, and for a moment, Taehyung had forgotten what it was he wanted to say to him, because Jungkook was shirtless, showing off his torso. Taehyung would never get tired of looking at his boyfriend's body. Jungkook was absolutely stunning.