sixteen

sixteen

_____ 🌿 _____

Jungkook doesn't understand why he's freaking out so much. He's seen Taehyung naked before - and vice versa - it's normal for them at this point, but when Taehyung suggests bathing together to save hot water, Jungkook suddenly becomes flustered.

He realizes now, that things have changed, between the two of them. From sharing kisses, to confessing their love, everything is so much more intimate and Jungkook can't help but go read whenever he gets affection from the older. It's different now. When he rubs his hands up and down his back, it isn't just because he knows that it calms him down, he's doing it because he loves him. He knows that when Taehyung worries about him, it isn't just because he wants Jungkook to get better, or that he's afraid to be alone again, it's because he loves him too much to lose him. Everything he does for him is out of love, and Jungkook isn't quite sure how he's supposed to react. He has zero experience with relationships (he was ten afterall when the world ended, there wasn't any time for him to gain experience) and he feels bad because he wants to be a good boyfriend, but doesn't know how. Come to think of it, Jungkook doesn't even know if that's what he is to Taehyung; his boyfriend.

But they've known each other for almost five years now, so he tries not to think too much about it as he discarded his clothing, and slipped into the hot water, drawing his knees up to his chest. He tried his hardest not to stare at Taehyung as he stripped himself, but every so often, he'd sneak a peek at Taehyung's upper torso, or his back muscles, and his face would heat up in embarrassment.

He turned his head abruptly as Taehyung turned towards the tub, and moved to get it. Jungkook's face was so red at this point, but Taehyung didn't seem to notice. He placed his legs on either side of Jungkook's body, and pulled the younger against his chest. Jungkook squeaked in surprise.

Taehyung could sense that Jungkook was tense, but he wasn't quite sure what was causing it. It resulted in him placing gentle kisses against his collarbones and up the side of his neck. It wasn't until Taehyng found a spot under his ear that Jungkook seemingly relaxed into him and his head rolled back against his shoulder.

Jungkook let out a soft sigh, enjoying the feeling of Taehyung's skin against his, and the hot water around them.

"I'm sorry for frightening you," Taehyung murmured softly in his ear. Jungkook resisted the urge to roll his eyes. He didn't know how many days it had been since their scare, but almost every day since, Taehyung had apologized to him.

"Taehyung," Jungkook began, in a deep voice. "You don't have to keep apologizing, it's okay, I forgive you,"

"I know but-"

"Taehyung seriously, stop," Jungkook sighed, sitting up and twisting to look at him as best as he could. Sitting like this in a tub was very awkward and he did not have the courage to turn around completely. "I love you, okay?" he stated, in a firm tone. "I'm not mad at you. Yes, you did scare me, but it's in the past now. Please stop worrying, I hate when you put yourself down like this,"

Taehyung is bringing him back to his chest, burying his face in his collarbone, "I love you too," he mumbled against his skin.

"Well good, because otherwise this would be really weird" Jungkook jokes, and Taehyung laughed in response. "Taehyung?"

"Yes love?"

"Does this make me your boyfriend?" Jungkook questioned. He feels silly having to ask, but this is all new for him. Taehyung ran his fingers through Jungkook's hair, and made a face.