two

two

_____ 🌿 _____

The sun is hanging lower in the sky when he finally makes it back to the abandoned trailer park that he's called home. Jungkook could have picked anywhere to live - an abandoned mansion, a high rise apartment, his own abandoned home, but after all these years he still chooses to live here. Well, part time that is. He doesn't stay in the winter months. He'd learned the hard way that it's too cold for that sort of weather, and was convinced that in his third year he was going to lose an arm or leg to frostbite. Thankfully for him, he's still got all his limbs, and now every year, he packs up his things and moves into the nearest apartment building where it's much warmer.

Jungkook liked the trailer park. He'd stumbled across it in his second year alone. Up until that point, he'd never put much thought into staying in one spot for very long. Every house he spent the night in, or raided from made him feel weird. He didn't want to stay there for more than one night. But after coming across this place, and its row upon rows of trailers, Jungkook had stayed put. There was something about it that drew him into it, and made him want to stay. That and the fact that it was just up the hill from a lake, which meant he had a convenient water source.

He made his way around the back end of his trailer, and over towards the patch of ground he'd cleared for his garden. A gust of cold breeze passed by him. He glanced up at the sky. Yep. It was going to rain. The sun was gone, hidden behind dark clouds that loomed on the horizon, promising rain, and maybe a little lightning. It looked threatening from a distance, but Jungkook was unphased. He's seen his fair share of storms in the aftermath, to the point where he wasn't worried. He wasn't worried too much about his garden either, the sprouts weren't too high off the ground to the point where the wind could break the stems, but he figured he'd cover them with a tarp just to be safe.

The first drops of rain began to tumble from the sky as he made his way back inside the trailer he called home. He had half a mind to stay outside and enjoy a shower from mother nature herself, but he didn't want to risk getting sick.

Back inside, Jungkook can hear the soft pitter patter of the rain hitting the roof of the trailer. He wished the sun had stuck around. He missed it's warmth almost immediately. He made sure to close all the windows so that no rain got in.

He shrugged off his shirt, gagging as he raised his arms over his head. He really needed to bathe. He chucked the sweat soaked article of clothing on the couch, before glancing around the place. He needed to clean too. It was a mess in here. Dirty clothes piled high, dishes everywhere, garbage, and books, stacked precariously atop one another. Jungkook was running out of space for his books, and maybe he needed to move somewhere bigger, so that he had more storage, but he couldn't bring himself to leave permanently. He'd have to find somewhere else to store his books in the meantime. He grabbed a granola bar from the cupboard and downed it in three bites. He grabbed a second one and tore the packaging open. He was going to have to make a trip to the grocery story - it sounded ironic - and stock up on the non perishables. He wished the meat could have lasted longer...most of it had gone bad within the first few months, and if he was that interested in having it other than in the form of a can, he had to make his way to the edge of the woods and pray that maybe a deer came too close. He finished the second granola bar and went to look for his basket. He knew he had one around here somewhere...