eleven

eleven

_____ 🌿 _____

diary entry #2751

It's colder now. Taehyung and I have been working non stop to prepare for the snow. It's funny how we spend most of the year, fighting for survival, and that to relax is a luxury we don't get to enjoy until the spring comes.

I'm worried about Taehyung. He spends a lot of his time sitting in one spot during the afternoons - time we could use to do something productive, but he won't move for almost hours. It's always in the same spot, and he just...sits. And watches, like he's waiting for something. It's unsettling to see. It takes me a long time to pry him away from his spot. I hate begging him, I know that it scares him when I'm upset, but he's scaring me. I don't know what he's waiting for. I don't want to know what he's expecting to find.

It's been going on for almost a month now. I'm guessing we're just about to enter November. Taehyung is still sitting there at least once every afternoon. Maybe he's thinking. I don't know about what. I love him, I do, but I'm worried he's slipping. If he slips then he'll be like me once the cold hits, and I can't let that happen. I need him to stay upright. I-

"Jungkook - c'mere and see this,"

Taehyung is standing in the doorway of their trailer, letting in the cold air. He's shivering, because he's only in a t-shirt and sweats. He's eyeing him curiously, wondering what he wants to show him. "O-Okay," he breathes, and he can see the white fog escaping into the air. "J-Just let me get dressed,"

Taehyung shuts the door without another word. Jungkook stumbled to his feet, hastily throwing on a couple of layers, before slipping out into the frigid temperature. Taehyung is leaning against the side of the trailer, bundled up in his coat and many sweaters. Jungkook is tugging at his sleeve as he stepped outside, pulling him close. Taehyung's skin is ice cold as he buried his face in the crook of his neck. Something he did when he was nervous. Taehyung is chuckling softly, but inside he's internally screaming. His heart races whenever Jungkook does this now. "I have something you should see. It could change our whole lives," he murmured, and Jungkook doesn't like the way this sounds. He pulls away, anxious about his answer..

"W-What do you mean?"

"I found a bunker," Taehyung says, pulling him away from the trailer. "Y'know, like in those doomsday movies? I found one, and I don't think anybody lives there. It's empty-"

"Are you serious?!" Jungkook exclaimed, trying to keep up with the older as he wandered towards the entrance of the trailer park. Taehyung nodded his head. "Is that what you've been looking at all this time?" he questioned. Taehyung nodded again.

"I found it a while ago, but I wanted to make sure nobody lived there y'know? I've gone in once or twice, and it seemed pretty deserted to me. I even set a couple of things up by the entrance, to see if they'd go missing or anything, but nothing changes. If it is empty, it will be a lot warmer than one of the apartments," Taehyung rambled. He's holding his hand out still, waiting for Jungkook to take it. "Come on,"

Jungkook is reaching for his hand, excitement bubbling up inside of him. This would change everything for them. But he's also nervous. He doesn't know why, but maybe it's the thought of not having to worry too much about the cold when it finally hits. That maybe they could have even more normality than what they already had. Normality still scared him, but maybe it was okay if Taehyung was with him.

Jungkook hates the bunker.