six

six

_____ 🌿 _____

It takes a little getting used to, but after a few days, Jungkook eventually stops screaming whenever he sees Taehyung. He becomes comfortably aware that he's no longer the last person on earth, and instead has the urge to hug Taehyung whenever he sees him. Taehyung makes him happy.

He doesn't stay in Jungkook's trailer - Taehyung felt bad for encroaching on his personal space, and he refused to let Jungkook continue to sleep on the couch. Instead, Jungkook sets him up in the trailer across from his. He helps him clear it of any unusable junk, as well as taking him around the park in search of some blankets, a decent mattress and some clothes for him to wear. Taehyung is very grateful for him.

Jungkook can tell that Taehyung seemed impressed with his way of life. Jungkook has a pretty good system going for himself. It was much different from life in the woods, but Taehyung liked the normality of it. Jungkook confessed to hating it - being normal made him feel sad, but he needed it to keep from going crazy. Taehyung couldn't remember what normal felt like, so this all felt nice to him. It was nice to get back into a routine that involved another person.

It was refreshing, and a little funny at how quickly the two of them fell into a routine together. Jungkook would have thought it would be weird having another person around all of a sudden, and Taehyung didn't think he'd be able to adjust so quickly to this new life, but they both felt so at ease around each other that it was easier than they thought.

Jungkook's daily routine had gone from waking up by himself and going about his day to fill the time to waking up and getting to have breakfast with Taehyung outside. They'd set up a little table area for the two of them to share a meal together. Jungkook showed him around the trailer park, and the city. He took him around, and showed him his favourite views. He even taught Taehyung how to garden. He was going to have to plant more seeds with Taehyung around and figured he might as well show him how. Teahyung taught him how to start a fire without a match. They'd made a fire pit by the hill, and dragged an old mattress out there. They would light a fire almost every night now, and Taehyung would tell him wild stories of when he stayed in the woods. Taehyung made normal special. He didn't feel as sad anymore.

It was funny to think of Taehyung as his neighbour. He knew that waking up every morning meant that Taehyung was either just waking up as well, or that he would already be at his door, asking him to join him for breakfast. Jungkook made sure he ate more, and he was finally gaining back the weight.

Waking up was his favourite part of the day. It wasn't so hard to get out of bed now with Taehyung around. He looked forward to it - knowing that he wasn't alone any more that there was someone waiting to share his day with him, to share his life with.

It scares him though. He's afraid that maybe one day Taehyung will get bored of him, and decide that this isn't what he wants. He'll wake up in the morning and Taehyung will be gone and he'll be alone again. It catches up to Jungkook and it's impossible for Taehyung not to see. He notes how quiet Jungkook is one morning. He seems tired, and doesn't make much eye contact with him.

"Jungkook?" he asked in a soft tone. He reached a hand out and gently placed it on his shoulder. "Are you okay? You're not sick are you,"

He doesn't miss the concern in his voice.

"I'm not sick," Jungkook replied, leaning back in his chair. "I'm just worried,"

Taehyung set his bowl down and scooted closer to him in his chair. "About what Kookie?" He's propped his chin up on the palm of his hand. "What's on your mind?"

"I'm afraid that I'm boring," Jungkook admits. "And that one day I'm going to wake up and you're going to be gone, and that I'm going to be alone again," Taehyung let out a soft sigh and pushed himself from his chair. He's gathering Jungkook in his arms, pulling him close to his chest. Taehyung is warm to touch, and Jungkook finds himself curling into his body.

"I don't think you're boring," Taehyung tells him. "And I would never leave you either. I like being with you, it makes me feel like I'm still human, and I don't ever want to lose that. As long as you want me to stay with you I will,"

"Forever," Jungkook muttered, his voice muffled by Taehyung's chest. "I want you to stay forever. Please, I can't be alone anymore," He clutched onto Taehyung's shirt, afraid to let go. Why did you let go, why did I let you leave, you could have been here with me, we could have made it together. "I can't lose you either Taehyung, I can't,"

"You won't," Taehyung promised. He squeezed Jungkook tighter, hoping to ease his anxiety. "I'd be crazy to leave you Jungkook, absolutely bonkers. I don't think I can leave, I've craved human interaction for so long, that it would be impossible for me to leave,"

"Good, because I don't think I could let you leave at this point. I'm going to have to hold you hostage or something," Jungkook mused, trying not to cry. He felt so much better knowing Taehyung didn't want to leave him.

"If it means I can stay with you then so be it," Jungkook smiled and pressed his face against Taehyung's shoulder.

He liked the sound of that.

_____ 🌿 _____

END

jk jk!!! this story is far from being over lmao

get ready or a time skip my dudes, and be prepared for taekook vs the world