twenty-three

twenty-three

_____ 🌿 _____

Jungkook wasn't too fond of the rain - he never had been - but the rhythmic tapping sound that it made as it hit the glass roof of the greenhouse was music to his ears.

April was here and he couldn't be happier.

Dark clouds covered the sky above, making it impossible to tell what hour of the day it was. Lightning could be seen striking across the sky, or thunder would rumble somewhere off in the distance. Jungkook missed the thunderstorms that raged during early spring. They were far less intimidating underground then when he lived in the trailer.

He thought back to Taehyung's first spring with him. The very first storm of the season brought terrifyingly strong winds, and heavy rain to the point that the two of them believed that the storm would turn into a tornado. The sky had been a nasty looking green, and several things were being tossed and blown around the wind. Thankfully there had been no tornado - just a lot of flooding, and a ton of clean up.

But now that they had discovered the bunker, Jungkook was less terrified of storms. He craned his neck up towards the sky. Another bolt of lightning flashed across the sky, illuminating the clouds in a murky yellow, gray-green colour. April was going to be rough. He could feel it.

A soft knock came from the greenhouse door, and Taehyung appeared in the door frame, holding two coffee mugs. "Tea?" he questioned, even though he already knew the answer. Jungkook smiled at him, and made grabby hands for one of the mugs.

"Yes please," he replied.

Taehyung was quick to join him, and carefully not to spill the tea. Both of them were bundled up in heavy pullovers that day. It was slightly cooler in the bunker than what they were used to, and so Taehyung thought that a cup of hot tea might warm them up better. Jungkook was not a fan of the cold.

Craving more warmth than just the tea, Jungkook shifted his position so that he was settled between Taehyung's legs; his back against his chest and his head against his shoulder. He sighed in content as Taehyung ran his free hand through his hair, and kissed his temple. He tilted his head, chasing his lips, and smiled into the kiss when Taehyung gave him what he wanted. "Are you comfy?" he whispered against the younger's lips.

"Very,"

There was no need to talk. They sat in silence as the rain and thunder continued. Lightning streaked haphazardly across the sky in a beautiful display. It was breath-taking to watch from this point of view (and remarkably that they could see anything through the heavy rain that washed against the glass); Jungkook felt more at ease underground.

They drank their tea quietly, enjoying the presence of each other. Every so often they would whisper to one another when the thunder at its quietest, but it was hours before any of them spoke.

"This year is gonna be great," Taehyung wrapped his arms around Jungkook, and kissed the back of his neck.

"How do you know?" Jungkook whispered, peering up at him. Thunder boomed loudly in the distance.

"Just do...gut feeling," he murmured.

And it was a good year, just as he had predicted. Jungkook wasn't a religious man, but maybe there was a god watching over them, and he liked to think that was the reason why.

But Taehyung thinks it's because they found a chicken.

_____ 🌿 _____

ha i did it