Chapter 3: "She Found Me"

Picture is not mine, but is what the mansion looks like.

May 4th, 2011, 11:34 AM

Sally's pov

Today Mr. Slenderman let me go play in the woods, as long as Hoodie came with me. Hoodie walked next to me quietly. He was always so quiet, like he was thinking about something, constantly. I had heard him talk before, but it was always when Mr. Slenderman asked him too or when he was upset. "Why are you so quiet?" I asked him. Hoodie just shrugged his shoulders and kept walking, and all that we could hear was the branches beneath our feet and the loud tweeting of the birds.

I wanted to play a game with Hoodie, so I lightly tugged his sweater, which was enough to get his attention. He stopped walking and turned around and looked down at me. He was much taller than me. "Do you want to play Hide and go seek?" I said smiling at him.

He looked around, like he was checking if anyone was watching us. He looked down at me and crouched down to my level and nodded his head, but pointed to a deep slope, near the road. "don't go past that slope, you understand?" He said. His voice was deeper then I remember it being and I could tell that he was serious. I nodded my head quickly, happy that he wanted to play.

He stood up, turned around while covering his eyes and started counting. "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..." I ran away from him, giggling. I chose to hide up on a tree, where I could see everything. I didn't want to climb up too high, so climbed up to the third lowest branch, and looked over across the trees. The trees were huge, almost as tall as Mr. Slenderman. As I was looking around, I could see past the mansion and saw the beginning of the road that led to the town nearby.

The town was old and not many people lived there, and it was more of a stay-for- the-night towns. I kept looking and even saw past the slope, but I noticed something at the bottom of the slope, next to the pond. I wanted to get closer to it, and I felt like something was trying to lead me to the bottom of the slope, but I knew what would happen if I went there alone. Hoodie would be upset at me, and most importantly, I knew Mr. Slenderman would be upset at him. Mr. Slenderman wasn't the nice set person to be around when he was upset and I would never want to get Hoodie in trouble.

I waited for a bit, wondering where Hoodie was, and watching the pond. The pond was always so pretty in the spring, with the grass growing and the trees filling up with flowers and leaves. Sometimes, when I had someone to take me past the slope , I would bring flowers back as gifts and give them to as many people I could. I started looking at the pretty flowers and noticed something that was under a pile of rocks. Whatever it was, it was trying to move away from underneath them. I wanted to get closer to it, I wanted to help it, it could have been an animal in need of help, or something like that, and I barely noticed Hoodie walking closer to my hiding spot.

"Found you!" I jumped a little when I heard him, and almost fell. Thankfully I didn't. "Come down from there! I don't want you to fall!" He said. Slowly and carefully, I stepped down from the branches of the tree, trying my best to not let the branches pull on my clothes. I let Hoodie grab my waist and put me gently on the ground.

"I saw something at the pond... Can we go see it?" I asked, in the sweetest voice I could muster. Hoodie looked at me like... well I wasn't totally sure. His face mask tended to make it difficult to know how he felt. "What did you see? And why do you want to go near it?" He asked. I noticed this has been the most that I heard him say in a while, but pushed it to the back of my head.

"I saw something that was stuck under a pile of rocks, next to the pond. It could be an animal or someone's baby, who needs help!" I said, a bit louder then I had hoped. "You believe that someone' s baby is stuck under a pile of rocks? Are you sure?" he asked me. I nodded my head eagerly and he stared at me for a couple of seconds. He started to look around again, and sighed with his head hung down. He seems to look around a lot.

"Fine. But stay behind me and don't go wandering off." He answered. I jumped up with excitement and ran behind him, as he rolled up his sleeves. He reached to the side of his jeans and was ready to grab his gun and started to carefully slide down to the bottom of the steep slope. I followed his movements and watched him get closer to the pile of rocks. He crouched down and moved some of the rocks gently, and tensed up, and he started coughing.

I walked up to him, slowly and saw an old looking doll. I could smell the doll from behind Hoodie, and immediately understood why he was coughing. It was far from pretty, but I think that was because of how dirty and odd he looked. His (H/C) was tangled with dirt, mud, leaves, about anything that could have been in the woods, and some dried liquid. His (F/C) tux was dirty and had dried blood on it, kind of like how Jeff 's sweater always looks when he doesn't wash it. His (S/T) was full of grime and mud, and was chipped with a few claw marks. But something about the doll made me want to fix him.

"Can I have him?" Hoodie turned to look at me, still covering his mouth. "Are you serious? You want that thing? Sally, you have to be kidding me." I looked at him, and shook my head. I went to pick it up, but he pulled me away from it. "Why? Why do you want that thing? It smells like shit, it looks like garbage, and you know Slender would hate it." He said. I looked at him with a sad face and looked back at the doll. I felt like it was pleading with me, to let me take him.

"Please? I'll be extra nice to you!" I said, hoping to convince him. "No. I'm not letting you bring that thing. Plus you are already nice to me." Hoodie took a turn towards the mansion and started to walk back up the slope. I turned to the doll, and it looked closer this time. It looked like it was looking up at me, with dull (E/C) eyes. I found myself lifting it up and I could barely hear Hoodie yelling at me to drop the doll.

I was holding him, squeezing him while walking. Hoodie was barely audibly now and as I kept walking, still holding the doll, I could hear it whispering. Hoodie roughly pulled me back, causing me to drop him and grab my shoulders. "What the hell are you doing? Did you not hear me, when I said to not touch it? Who the hell knows what could be on that thing! Come on, lets go." He said angrily as he pulled me away from the doll. I was trying so hard to get out of his grip that at some point, I had ended up hitting him.

I had never hit anyone in the house, especially Hoodie. I was shocked at myself, and he was too. He started dragging me closer and closer to the mansion, and I had lost sight of the doll. As soon as Hoodie had opened the door, I ran past him crying. I didn't even notice the looks of everyone in the large living and dining room. I slammed my door shut, and cried heavily for a little while.

*knock* *knock*