Chapter 10: "What's On Your Mind?"

May 5th, 2011, 10:15 am

Sally's pov

I don't know what exactly happened last night, or why anyone was acting weird. I had already finished my cereal, but I couldn't tell what was wrong. (Y\N) told me that when he was singing to me, someone had heard him and told Slender. He was worried, and wanted to apologize to Ben for his actions, but I told him that he couldn't. He was upset at first, but I told him that no one else knew about him, and he would scare everyone.

So he told me to do it, but everyone looked at me like I was crazy. Then Ben left.. I hope I didn't do anything wrong. I felt (Y\N) fist ball up, as I held him close in my arms. I could feel his body stiffen as it seemed like he was watching each and every moment of Ben. When Ben left, Jane started talking.

She asked me if she could hold him, and I said yes. I didn't see why not. I walked around the big table, over to her and handed him over. She first held him in front of her, looking up at him. His shirt was untucked, and his hair was nicely done. It was still soft and looked combed, even though I had never combed him.

Jane pulled him closer to her, and started holding him like a baby. Some people were giggling and watching her and she turned her back, but I looked at her in confusion. He told me, that he hated being treated like an actual doll, or baby, but I couldn't see him to know if that were true. She looked over at her friends, and back at him. She was rocking him, but stopped suddenly. She barely moved.

She had turned into a statue and dropped him on the ground. She pushed past me and left, going somewhere. I ran over to him and picked him up, off the dirty ground. No one except Clockwork seemed to be paying attention to her, and even she didn't look unsettled. (Y\N), on the other hand, looked angry.

His eyebrows were furrowed, and the muscles in his face looked scrunched up. The look in his (E\C) was cruel. Dark, and menacing. It was like he wanted to hurt everyone, like he wanted to strangle someone. But his face softened, and was replaced with a kind smile.

It was like a whole different person was looking at me, one was so kind, and looked like he couldn't hurt a fly, and the other looked like he wanted to pull you down and drown you. It scared me. How quick he changed. No one noticed, or cared to notice and I found myself dragging my feet to Mr. Slenderman's office. I was about to knock on the door, when it swung opens, almost slamming into me.

I fell back, landing painfully on my rear. Jane stomped out, barley noticing me. Mr. Slenderman stepped out looking outraged. I stood up, and backed away, knowing how it can be when he was mad. He would throw and thrash things around, making this horrific noise that could shake the ground.

I was scared of him whenever he became like that, because it seemed like no one was safe. Even though we were. Not a hand was laid on any of us, even if we made him upset. Those times were rare and I was glad for that. He stared down at me, and I could feel a smile forming and his anger disappearing.

"Hello, child. How are you?" He kindly asked, crouching down to my level. I smiled up at him. "I am good. Can I go outside in the yard?" I asked with a questioning gaze. He thought for a moment and nodded his head. He offered his hand to me and spoke again.

"I do not have anything to do today, so is it alright if I join you?" He told me. I jumped up, noting how long it had been since he had played with me. I took his hand while still holding (Y\N). I skipped down the hall and quickly put my shoes on and went out the door with him. He walked up to Masky and Hoodie, and told them he was leaving. The outside was still damp from yesterday's rain, but smelled like the fresh earth.