Chapter 17: "You and Me"

May 6th, 2011, 1:19pm

Hoodie's pov

After the whole fiasco, everything was calmer. No yelling, no bullshit. Everyone saw what (Y\N) pulled out of his sleeves, where he told Jeff not to worry about it. What amazed me, is that he managed to shut him up. Jeff always had something to say, so I couldn't help but try to figure him out.

I felt a heavy stare at me. It was an intense stare, coming from the left of me and not letting me go. I didn't move my head, but I shifted my gaze to look at who ever was staring. My mask made it harder to see, but it was Slender who was watching me. It wasn't like he was just thinking and drifted off into space, or his much kinder, loving stare, but an annoyed one. Like he was angry at me, which is weird. I could count the amount of times that he was ever angry at me, and I could still have both hands up.

I looked away from his direction, wanting to ignore it. But that is easier said then done, when someone, let alone Slender, is analyzing every move you make. I took my chance to leave. I walked away quickly, stepping up my room and shutting the door. I sighed a heavy sigh and lend on the door.

I took out my phone, and plugged in my headsets. I slid down to the floor, and started to play music on it. Right before I set it to play, a small knock on the other side of the door caught my attention. I paused, checking if it would happen again, or it it was on someone else's door.

Knock knock. " It is me, (Y\N)! I understand if you don't want to talk right now, but I wanted to check in." (Y\N) was on the other side. 'Why? Did he notice me leave? That's a first.' I thought to myself, as I stood up to answer the door. When I opened it, I realized how short he actually was. He was the size of those American girl dolls. Those things were at least up to my knees, he looked up at me and smiled.

"Are you feeling well today? You weren't really active in the disagreement." He asked, not breaking eye contact. "I was just a little tired, that's all. Do you wanna come in?" 'What the fuck? Why did I ask him to come in? God, I am not thinking at all anymore!' ​​​. He laughed, and nodded his head. His laughter sounded sweet, like what candy would sound like if it did so. Before I knew it, he was already in my room, looking over at everything. I closed my door and tried to fix my room without him noticing.. key word, tried.

"Would you like some help?" He asked, in a kind voice. It didn't feel right for him to do my chores, when I should have done them myself. "No, you don't have to do anything. You can just.. uh.. I don't really know what you want to do.." I honestly didn't know what he actually wanted to do.

I kept trying to fit my clothes in my closet, when he turned over to me and asked me something that made my heart stop for a moment. "Would you like to talk? Just you and me?" ' What? Why does he want to do that? What would we even talk about? I mean, I'm just confused about why he seems so interested? I guess I will just have to find out..' I pondered for a moment, but nodded my head. We sat it my window still, and he sort of had to jump to get to the top of it. I thought about lending him a hand, but went against the idea, because he made it before I even lifted my hand. It was silent, and he looked up at me.

"... What exactly do you want to talk about?.." I questioned. He spoke rather quickly, still smiling. His teeth were clean, as if they were pearls. "What ever you please, I won't push you to talk." I thought about what we could talk about, still not totally sure of anything. " Oh! Do you like music?" That was really the only thing I could think of, which is a good start I guess.. he nodded and we began talking for, who knows how long. I didn't even realize that it was dinner time now. We just kept talking about everything, really. I felt so much better, like.. a weight was lifted off my shoulders. I couldn't help smiling, and he didn't stop smiling once.

"Dude! It's dinner! We're having pork and kidneys!" I heard Ben yell from the other side. "Kidneys? From lambs, or cattle?" (Y\N) asked. "No, human. I don't eat it, but EJ and the dogs like it. To me, it taste bland." I answered. It was true, that the taste of kidneys tasted bland, with no taste at all. Luckily, Slender usually gives us a choice on which one we eat, whether it be beef and pork, or vegetables and kidneys. I watched him step off the window still and walk to the door. He waited for me, and we walked outside together, still talking.

Slender's pov

"Slender. I need to tell you something. It's important." I voice said behind me. I turned to face them, seeing Johnathan behind me. He had his hands behind his back and was rocking himself back and forth. I looked at him, and a feeling of annoyance rushed over me like a wave, even though it had only been for a second. "Yes Johnathan?" I asked.

He walked up to me and tried to pull me away from Brian's room. "I had a random thought, and I want to know if it's possible, or if it sounds completely outrageous." He said, guiding me to his room. We stepped in and he shut his door slowly. "Do you think it is possible to transfer something into a person? Like how a... Soul gets stuck inside of an object?" He said, tangling his fingers with in themselves. I crossed my arms and leaned back on his desk. "What are you suggesting?" I questioned.

He went over to his book shelf and picked up one of his many books. He flipped to the center or so and presented it to me. The page was filled with writing about transferring the soul into an object, and everything that can possibly go wrong. He spoke as I analyzed the page.

"I know that it probably sounds irrational, but if I can put the a person in a doll, would it make sense to try an reverse that? I mean.. I know it hard to explain, but I think that it can work with (Y\N), by 'fixing' his situation" he said, making a quotation motion with his hands. I knew what he was getting at, and I thought about the possibility of that happening.

'I can see that happening... It working or even occurring... But would (Y\N) want to? And why would Johnathan start wanting to get so involved, to the point of possibly doing things we can't undo? His change from not wanting anything to do with this, to wanting everything to do. This doesn't make sense.'

"And why do you want to try this?" I shut the book and placed it on the desk. He didn't say much, instead trying to change the subject. "Well it seems like it would work, I mean look around, we definitely have the resources to do it. We would just need to be careful, that's all." "Johnathan, answer the question. Why do you want to do this?" I began to raise my voice, wanting the answer already.

He hung his head, and went over to pick up his book. "It's far-fetched, but I just want to try something that no one has really done before successfully. Slender, can we please just give this a shot?" His gaze met mines and I could see the longing in his eyes. The hope that I would say yes and not question it further.

"I need to think about it. There are many things that can go wrong, so if we are really going to try this, then we need information. Continue finding out more, i have some things that I need to attend to." I said, preparing to leave. I gave him one last look and smiled.

He threw his hands up, excitedly, with a joyful expression on his face. I slowly closed the door, and thought of everything that had occurred. 'Making him human.' the words circled my head. 'Theoretically it could work, but how would we even go about it?' I did enjoy the idea, and I wanted to do everything I could to do it, but it could endanger everyone.

Everyone could be in horrible situations, and that was my strongest fear, as a man who is responsible for each and every one of the people in this house. I walked in to the kitchen, preparing for dinner, as the idea sat in the back of my mind, and I had completely forgotten about Brian being with (Y\N).