Chapter 7: "Are you kidding me?"

May 4th 2011, 6:36 pm

The Puppeteer's pov

I spun around to face the doll, shock written all over my face. My fist balled up with feelings that were rushing back to me. Memories that I had forced myself to forget, that brought back emotions that I thought I had abandoned. My knuckles had turned white and I stood still, not taking my eyes of the doll. "What did you say?" I asked, with my voice cracking. It didn't respond, it just sat there, staring at me.

I could hear my heart as it beat violently against my chest, starting to fill with fear and anger. I stomped over to the doll and grabbed it by the collar of it's new shirt. "Answer me! What did you just say!" I pleaded for the doll to talk to me, to say anything. But it stayed still, not making a move. I looked and looked for anything on his face, that could have meant something to me or answer my question. Still nothing.

I huffed and let my head drop down to his chest and breathed for a moment. I can't describe the feelings I felt, in the 6 minutes that just past. I heard someone's foot steps and felt someone watching me. I turned to face who ever it was. It was Ben.

Ben was a short guy, standing at 5'2" while the rest of us were 5'6 and up. He wore this stupid link costume and weirdly enough, he had the body of a 10th grade boy, even tho he was 23. He looked at me with a questioning look. "Dude, are you okay? Why are you yelling at Sally's doll?" He asked. I looked back at the doll and thought about it for a minute. '​​​​ why was I yelling at it? It can't talk, it can't move, it can't hurt me, so why am I so angry at it?' I was quiet, and I guess Ben noticed.

"Dude, dinner is ready. Come downstairs. Let's forget about the doll." He suggested. He crossed his arms and tried to give me a reassuring smile. I looked back at him and let go of the doll's collar. I stood up and dusted myself off. I had walked next to Ben, slowly closing my door as Ben started talking.

"You should have seen what had happened downstairs when Sally got that doll. Hoodie was so pissed!" He laughed. I will confused about the situation, regarding the doll. "Did he do anything?" I asked, and his smile never wavered. "He just said 'Are you kidding me' and holy shit, dude, Jane has the weirdest fucking laugh! She sounds like a dying Animal." He said, still laughing.

I looked down at the floor and thought to for a moment 'Did he hear what I heard? But he couldn't have.. could he? No, he couldn't have. The doll didn't talk, and I am just over reacting.' Ben pulled me from my thoughts, with a slight nudge. "Dude, I'm trying to talk to you. How did you even get the doll?" He said with some attitude. "Sally wanted me to fix it. It's hinges were broken and shit like that." He walked down the stairs and responded with a 'huh'.

The dinning room table was full, with only 2 seats left for both me and Ben. I had noticed Hoodie with his head down on the table, buried in his arms. Slenderman had just finished dinner begun serving, as everyone talked amongst themselves. I sat down, next to EJ and Sally. She looked over to me, with eyes that were filled with joy. "Is he better now?" She asked, the light shining along her hair.

I nodded my head, still thinking about the incident with it. Her smile took over her face and I felt myself smile along with her. "Can I see him?" She asked almost jumping in her seat. I laughed seeing her so excited, "Maybe later, okay?". She slowed down and finally sat still in her seat, "okay" she said in a fairly disappointed voice.

As Slender served dinner, I silently watched everyone as they finished their conversations and begin eating. The dinner was a simple one, with mash potatoes, string beans and pork. As I began to eat, I noticed something in the hallway. I slowly stopped eating, and leaned slightly over the table to get a better look. The color in my face drained and I felt like I was swallowing stones.

I wasn't the only one who noticed, because Smile dog started to jumped around, growling loud and letting out thundering barks. Everyone turned to see what he was barking at and Sally jumped with joy. She ran over and picked up the doll in the hallway. "I didn't know this was a surprise! Thank you, he looks so new!" I was beyond shocked. 'I didn't bring him. There is no way that he came down here on his own... Yeah, someone must have brought him down here..' I desperately told myself, not believing my own lies.

I just knew that I didn't want to be near that thing, I didn't want to know about it, I don't want to be involved with it. As Sally sat down, over joyed, my appetite disappeared into thin air. My heart was banging on my rib cage like they were drums that needed to be played. I stood up quickly and without a word, left. I reached my room and locked my self in my bathroom, curled up in a ball and just thought to myself.

'What is wrong with you!? It's a doll, your a murderer! You shouldn't be scared of it! What kind of murderer gets scared of a doll?' I didn't know why I was scared..I just knew that something was wrong with it, and I didn't want to find out what was in it.

Hoodie's pov

I looked at Splendor as he handed the doll to her. I was shocked and confused about the exchange. Sally didn't mind at all and Jane gave me a shit eating grin from her seat. I couldn't see it but I could feel the joy of her getting her way surrounding me. "Are you kidding me?" I asked in a sort of whinny tone.

Splendor looked at me with a smile, but confusion was written on his face. "What do you mean?" He asked. Jane butted it with a laugh. "He didn't want Sally to get the doll, but it looks like the jack ass can't always get what he wants!" She laughed. Her laugh sounded like a hyena and I rolled my eyes. I could hear Ben giggling in the living room. I couldn't tell if it was directed to me or her horrific laugh.

I sat in the dinning room, putting my head in my arms and blocking out the sounds of everyone. I woke up to the sound of people talking. By the time dinner was being served, I was fully awake and I watched everyone as I ate and noticed that the puppeteer had stopped eating. His face looked pale and he kept staring at the hallway. Smile dog started acting up, and Sally ran to him quickly.

She picked up the doll that Splendor had given her and giggled saying that he was a surprise and how he looked new. And she was right, he did look new, like a whole different doll. But when she sat down, he pushed his food away and just left.. without a word. His hands were balled up and he rushed out of the room. "So.. what is it's name?" Jeff asked, to ease the silence.

Sally pulled the doll to her ear, putting her fork down. She nodded her head, like the doll was whispering to her.

"His name is (Y\N)"