Chapter 15: "Breaks And Cigarettes"

Hey everyone! This is a picture of the pond in the woods, were Slender goes, just so you know. I hope you enjoy the chapter. I might end up taking another break, but I will let you know if that happens.

May 6th, 2011, 9:48 am

Slenderman's pov

Tired. Tired is all I felt, all I could think of was just feeling.. that. I was beginning to feel emotionally drained, and almost no one was helping. Brian, was trying his best, but he keeps his issues tucked away and ignores them, hoping that it will fix itself. Jane refuses to listen to anything that is said to her, and brings small issue to me, as if they are massive and need me, when it is just misunderstandings.

Benjamin and Jeff fool around constantly. Johnathan is so isolated, that no one even knew he had existed before (Y\N) came. My family is driving me mad, with Trenderman's judgement, Offenderman's little knowledge on the concept of personal space, and Splendorman's interruptions. Everything was driving me to my breaking point, and I just wanted a moment away from everyone. The meeting, did not go as planned, but I should have known that it wouldn't go as planned.

Nothing ever does, but it went better then it could have been. I had been doing research on (Y\N) since they had left, and I found multiple news articles and interviews with his family. They even showed pictures of him, before the accident and after. 'poor family. Their daughter still believes that he didn't hurt anyone.'​​​​​​​ I thought to myself.

My hand covered part of my face, as I searched more about him. That articles said things like, ​​​​​​"House of (Y\N) (L\N) was being searched early this morning, and the skeletal remains of 2 adults were found in, buried in his back yard. Investigators say, that the bodies that were found were that of a man and women, both unidentified. The man's skull, was crushed, and the woman's cause of death is still unavailable to us. When the (L\N) family was told, the family refused to believe it." I kept reading the article, diving further into his past.

I had found a interview with his sister, (S\N) (L\N), years after his death. She no longer looked as though she just left collage, but now she looked as though she had become a grandmother. She sat in a wheelchair with a small smile, wrinkles dusting her face. Her hair was graying, and was tied into a bun. I looked at the date of the interview,​​​​​​​ 1988.

She must have been 62 years old at the time of this shooting. I clicked the video, and listened to each of the questions and answers. The questions started out simple, like what day it was, or what her son's name was. Her answers were all correct, and jokes were being said between her and the man behind the camera. But that changed quickly, when the questions began to get more intense.

The man behind the camera asked her about (Y\N), her relationship with him, their home life, and if she was aware about his crimes. Her smile disappeared, and a face of anger replace it.

"My brother was a good man! He would have never hurt anyone, he couldn't even hurt a fly! Nothing was wrong with him! He was framed, I will tell you! Our mother and father didn't raise a murderer!"

By now, tears were falling from her face and the interview had ended there. It was like she refused to acknowledge anything that wasn't part of the way she saw him. I closed my computer, and watched the outside. It was lovely out, and I watched as Sally was playing in the yard with Laughing Jack, and Splendorman.

A knock at my door startled me, and I heard the knob begin to twist. When I turned to face it, Tim stood there with a stack of papers. "Here are the papers you requested." He placed them on my desk, and stood up proudly. His hair fell above his mask, which for some odd reason made me want to pull a smile. "Thank you Tim. I had forgotten about the papers." He nodded his head and turned to leave but stopped.

He looked back at me and began to speak. "Slender, do you want to take a break for the day? I could take over." He asked, politely. He had always asked me questions like this one, and I always told him no. That he shouldn't take charge of my work and only his chores or getting people out of the woods. But then, I began to think.

' I would like some time on my own. That would be most beneficial for me..' I shook my head, making up my mind. "Tim. I would love that. I need a break from all of you, no offense towards you." He nodded his head and moved away from the door. "So, do you want me to do anything specific?" He asked, sitting in my seat, fixing the stack of papers.

I crossed my arms, already know what he hopes to do while I am gone. "Well, I would love it if you did NOT smoke in my office." He groaned quietly, but didn't say anything. The smell of it bothered me, and I was far from the only one. His habit was one that I hated, and an idea sprung itself into my head. "In fact, we are going to curb your habit. Give me your cigarettes." He moaned loudly and reached in to his jacket pocket.

He slowly pulled out a small pack of Newport cigarettes. He only had one, when he almost always had 2 or 3. "Is this your fist pack of the day? Or your second?" He took his time answering, as he watched me taking out from the Newport. I handed him it back to him, leaving him enough to get through the day and put the rest in my pocket. He took it quickly and searched for the rest.

He looked up at me, and I could see the disappointment on him. "That should last you for today. Use them wisely. Besides not smoking in my office, you are free to do as you please" I told him, as I left the room.

10:01

The woods were quiet, with the occasional 'tweet' from the birds here. The puddles had almost disappeared and the dewy sensation of the woods was beginning to drift away. I touched the leaves gently, taking in the nature surrounding me. I was approaching the slope, in the woods. It was a deep one, one that could make you feel as though you were falling down a bridge if you were not paying attention.

I walked down it slowly and stepped in front of the small pond. It was not deep, for me at least. it had leaves layering it, along with algae and it felt lonely. I looked over to my right, further away from the pond, to where a bench sat. My hand dragged itself across the seat of it. It was old, and full of rust, but with nothing much on it.

I sat down, the calm breeze blowing my tie slightly. I sat there admiring the beauty and thinking about things. About everything. My mind then crossed itself to the idea of (Y\N). He interested me, he made me want to learn as much about him as I could possibly learn.

I was a thundering being, one that could strike fear into every creator if I pleased, yet he held no reaction. Like he didn't even care. Maybe that is why I was so enamored with the idea of him. My heart was feeling odd. As if it was being held in a pair of hands. It felt heavy, and I found my hand pulling a cigarette from my pocket.

​​​​​​I looked at it and thought about everything. Tim, Brian, Johnathan, Benjamin, Sally, Jane... (Y\N). Everything had begun to spiral down, because of him. Yet, I felt as though I was enjoying the downwards spiral. My heart beating at uneven rates, my head being boggled and wanting to see him more. It was strange, even for me, but I was willing to embrace it.

Though I know that I am far from alone. And I disliked this emotion that I was feeling. As they were targeted to the others in the mansion, far beyond this pond, and this slope.