Chapter 19: "Do you ever miss them?"

May 7th, 2011, 8:43 am

Ben's pov

Today, was an off day, for everyone. I had been feeling like shit, for the last few days, and the day took so long, it was excruciating to even say 'good morning' . But today it seemed like everyone was pissed. I couldn't find a single smile on anyone's face. Not even Sally's.

And despite the fact that I was feeling and looking like hell, I asked her what was wrong. Her eyes were puffy, and her hands were covered in marker. She gripped on to the hem of her skirt, tightly. "I upset everyone today." She responded, her voice low and cracking. ​​​​​​My arm wrapped itself over her shoulder. "What do you mean by that?" I asked, looking at her. She looked at me, and I could see her face clearly.

Her face was red, with tear that stained her face. Her eyes were red, and strains of her hair matted on her face. "Every time I try to talk to someone, they always tell me to leave them alone. And I want to know what I did wrong.. I just want to know how to make everyone feel better..." she said in a huff. "No, no Sally. It's not anything that you did. The last few days, have been hectic. We are all just tired. It's not anything that you did." Pulling her into a hug, I told her that everything is fine. She smiled at these words, but personally, I didn't think that anything was going to just be fine. Something was going to happen, that was not okay.

May 8th, 2011, 12:13

I couldn't sleep. For the past 3 days, I haven't had a tiny bit of sleep. I mean, no one here really slept a peaceful night, but we eventually fell asleep. It just felt like something was going to happen, that was different from what usually happened. I stepped out of the house, wanting the fresh air, to push away the stuffy feeling I had.

I sat down on the steps in front of the door, and let the environment circle around me. It was cool, outside, and I sighed, feeling relief. The small sounds of the breeze brushing though the leaves of the trees, and the small sounds of running animals give me something I hadn't felt in so long. Memories that, I thought had faded away, were making themselves visible. My hands curled around my face, as I remembered the touch of my mother holding my cheeks. Her hands felt warm, and soft unlike mines, which were cold, and hard.

I smiled, thinking of her hugs, and how her voice was sweet. I remember her blond hair, and her face. I could never forget it, her face. She had beautiful big eyes, and eyebrows that could put anyone's to shame. She had a sharp nose, and a round face. Her smile was slightly crooked, barely noticed by anyone.

My hands felt wet, as they rushed over to cover my eyes. When I was younger, I always focused on what everyone was doing with there hands. I still did it, but never as often, yet the last thing I remember the last thing she was doing with her hands. They were bouncing against the dinner table, her nails creating a tapping noise. I didn't talk to her that night, at all. Same went for my father.

Now, my hands were soaked, and my breathing hitched. I didn't talk to him. I didn't tell him that I was sorry, that I loved him, that I regretted everything that I had done. I never told him that.. in fact, I told him that I had hated him. Over some silly argument, that I barely even remember.

I started to listen to myself sob, and my shoulders started to quiver. No one was with me. I was alone. Words, from someone, who I thought I could trust, reappeared in the depths of my head. "Do you ever miss them?" now that I think back on it, I should have answered one way. "Fuck yeah", I should have said. but I didn't. I didn't even acknowledge the question.

I should have known better, then to run off, never to be seen. Everyday, I always think, whether or not they have found my body, just so mom and dad could stop looking. To give them a break, to just let them be. But no. I know my Mom, I know my Dad. They wouldn't stop at anything, just to at least get word of me. That was what pains me the most. Now, I was full blown sobbing, having a mix of tears and blood on my hands.

I just kept crying, as strange as it sounds. We all had regrets. Each and every one of us, didn't like the person we became, and if we could take it beck we would. I lost everything that day, the day that 'Luna' wanted me. There was no Luna. No way I could go back, and I kept going, till my eyes were dry.

I stood up, and went back inside. It was dark, and empty, with the only light being the moon light behind me. Shutting the door, and stepping in the hall, I stood there for a minute. My body was exhausted, but my head kept shooting pictures of the past in my face. Mom holding my hand. She laughed loudly, and My father laughed with her, as I ate an icy. I stared into the hallway, knowing full well that they weren't there, but I still stared, watching it play out. I was so small back then. I must have been 8, at the time. I was so chubby back then. I thought, laughing at myself. Crawling in my bed, I could here there voices. "I love you, my baby." .... "That's my boy!" ...."Goodnight honey." My chest ached, like it was being squeezed. I shut my eyes, waiting for the squeezing to end, till I fell asleep.

May 8th, 2011, 11:08 am

My eyes blinked open. I still felt so tired, so drained. It was even hard to get up out of bed,

It has been quite, for the past 3 days. I had been seeing (Y/N) hanging around, well.. everyone. Everyone had been getting along with him, seemingly fine, with the exception of Jane. They were practically at each others throats. And Sally has been doing better since yesterday morning. She as back to coloring till her hands got tired, and making pretend tea for her tea parties. Sipping my coffee, I sat next to Jeff, who was surfing the channels.