Chapter 1

Alexander

Who is that? I mentally groaned when I saw my grandparents talking to boy. I told them not to talk to strangers.

Soft hair. Pale skin. Bubble butt.

This stranger looks familiar. Just as I was about to greet them, he turned around.

Liandro.

I couldn't stop the smile creeping up my face as we made eye contact. But something felt off. Is he going to pass out?

His eyes looked at mine, our gaze connecting. You still look so beautiful. I snapped out of my thoughts and caught him in my arms just in time. I carried him and sat him down the chair, my grandma checking on him.

"I think he passed out" My grandma chuckled while I got lost in my thoughts. I couldn't believe that I would see him again. My heartbeat sped up as memories flashed through my head.

My eyes were focused on him. Liandro ran towards me as I was lying on the cold pavement, blood everywhere. After getting kicked, punched, pissed on and scratched with blades, all I could think about is that I was going to die. I didn't deserve this. All this pain and agony because of her. She wanted me to have sex with her, but I didn't want to. She probably told the whole football team about it and made me look like the 'bad guy', when in fact she was the one pushing me to do something I didn't want.

"Hey! Don't close your eyes!" Liandro shouted as he dialed 911 on the phone. The fear in his eyes were evident, his hands were trembling. He held my hand with worry as my vision darkened. The sounds of sirens wailing were the last thing I heard, people started to gather around us.

After minutes of just staring at him, my attention suddenly shifted to the vibration in his pocket. I slowly grasped his phone out. Unknown caller ID. I answered the phone in hopes of a relative or friend.

"What's taking you so long, baby?" A male's voice spoke through the phone. A sharp pang hit my chest. He was cute, sexy, and kind—of course a lot of guys would like him. Everyone on his friend group was famous, rich and could do anything they wanted. So why was this a surprise to me? I liked him. Not because he was rich or famous, but because he was a genuine person. He always had my back whenever bullies started to pick on me. A lot of people didn't like me simply because I didn't like socializing. And for that, I was deemed as the cold-hearted boy. But that changed when Liandro became my friend. And ever since that day, a lot of people envied me. The only thing stopping me from admitting my feelings for him was because I didn't want people to think that I was using him.

"I already have condoms here. In case that's whats taking you so long" My face scrunched up at the thought of him having sex with someone else. My eyebrows furrowed as jealousy filled me. I ended the call without saying anything.

"Who was that?" My grandpa questioned. "No one" I bluntly replied while my gaze was fixed on him. He looks like an angel. His plump lips were slightly parted, his eyelashes thick and his hair a little best messy. I couldn't fight the urge to run my hands across his hair, and so I did. My eyes traveled down his neck. Fuck.

The gazes of my grandparents made me uncomfortable. "Do you know him?" I nodded my head in response to my grandma's question. The ambulance she had called earlier parked beside the street and out came the nurses, putting Liandro on a stretcher.

-

I watched him from the corner while he slept on the hospital bed. The doctors told us that he was dehydrated and that he needed to eat as soon as he wakes up. My grandparents left us after bringing hot meals for us to eat later on. I decided to call the unknown number back to inform him on what had happened to Liandro, but he wasn't answering.

I love him.

I knew this the day when he had asked me to come to his place for a school project, but we ended up doing something different.

He took off his clothes in front of me, his back facing me as I stared at his body with awe.

The pool of his house had a beautiful view. The sunset hit our skins with beautiful colors, but all I could look at was him. He was enjoying the sunset and he looked happy, the first time I had seen him smile like this. He didn't have that smile whenever he was around his friends, and so that made me feel special. But after that night, I didn't get a chance to see him again. I knew what had happened to him and I was so angry at whoever did that to him. After weeks of recovering from the incident, the first thing I wanted to do was talk to him—thank him for everything and comfort him. But all my plans were pushed away when his stepmother told me that they sent him abroad for a fresh start.

At first I didn't want to believe her, but as time passed and with my parents deciding to move to another state—I decided that it was time to let go. After all, I wasn't good enough of a reason for him to stay.

Hours later, he finally woke up. His eyes scanned the room for a minute before finally landing on me. My heart skipped a beat as his innocent hazel eyes swirled with confusion. God you are so cute.

"Did we have sex already?" He blurted out, catching me off guard.

"No" Not yet. I broke the silence after he stared at me dazed and confused. "Let's eat first" I said as disappointment hit me. Why doesn't he recognize me?

"Who are you?" He asked.

"You passed out on the street" I replied, not wanting to hurt my feelings anymore. I can't believe that he had forgotten that easily. I suddenly lost my appetite and decided it was best to leave him alone first.

I walked out of the room. But before I could close the door, he called me by my name.

"Alex?"