Chapter 5

Liandro

After moments of playing dumb with him, I finally confront him.

He kept denying everything! He thinks he could get away with this? Those pictures that were spread all across social media was taken the day I had him come over. Of course nobody else could've taken those since I always locked my room when changing. I kept on replaying that day over and over again in my head.

Alex was with me in the room that time. Yes, I took of my clothes in front of him, but I told him to look away. Turns out, not only did he not look away, he also took pictures of me! This bastard.

I slammed the door shut behind me, quickly pressing the buttons of the elevator. "Hey!" He called out, making me shake my head in disbelief. "I didn't take pictures of you" He said whilst catching his breath. I raised my brow in question and punched him in the face. My fist crashed to his jaw, making him stumble backward. I pressed the lobby button and took one last look at him.

His hand cupped his cheek as he looked at me with those irresistible eyes, guilt rushing through me. My heart ached at the sight, making me step out the elevator just in time before it closed. "Just tell me the truth" I uttered and looked at him straight in the eye.

"I didn't do it" He stood his ground. I knew that he wouldn't do such a thing. But I only knew him for a short amount of time, and people could change as quick as a flash.

"Angela told me everything" I informed. Maybe Angela was the one who did it. But how did she get those pictures? I started to zone out, a confused Alex stood in front of me.

"If you didn't do it, then where did they get those pictures?" I stirred in confusion as I ruled out every possible answer. I decided to walk back to the penthouse with Alex following behind. If Alex was telling the truth, then why would Angela tell me that he did it?

I quickly grabbed my phone from the counter and searched for Angela's contact. Alex was still dumbfounded with the turn of events as he sat on the couch with an ice pack pressed to his face. "Leo?" Angela's voice spoke through the other end, Alex quickly standing beside me. "Is that Angela?" He asked, his face twisting into anger. "Alex?" She shrieked with enthusiasm, asking our whereabouts.

"You bitch" I spat out, Alex looking at me with surprise. "You told me that Alex was the one behind all of that" I said as the other line went silent. She ended the call after a few seconds without saying anything else.

"She told you that?" Alex's voice stirred with confusion and anger. I nodded my head in response, making him grab his hair with frustration. He paced around the room kicking everything on his way. I knew that Alexander had anger issues and that I had to calm him down. I approached him as guilt came rushing through me.

"I'm sorry" I apologized. He looked at me, his gaze looking dangerous. God you are so hot when you get angry. "And you believed her?" He spat out and walked closer to me. His chest rising and falling with every breath. "That motherfucker" He breathed out, his fist crashing to the wall beside my head. "Calm down" I said in attempt to loosen his temper, but it only made it worse.

"Is that why you left?" He faced me, pain swirling in his eyes. What did he mean left? "I never left you Alex. I was waiting for you everyday for months!" I shouted as tears started rolling out of my eyes. "But you never came. You didn't even bother to stop by to say 'thank you' or tell me why you did that!" My breath hitching as every word fell out of my mouth.

"You're mom told me that you went abroad" He said. Anger, confusion, and shock clouded me as I stared at him.

"What?" I breathed out.

That bitch Melissa won't get away with this. I wanted to go back and slap that motherfucker for everything, but right now wasn't the time to be indecisive. I walked back to the counter to get another bottle but Alex stopped me. I couldn't believe that I was living a lie. Everything that had happened to me, I blamed on Alex.

I set my arm free from his grasp and kneeled down to get another bottle. "Drinking won't help you" He lowered his head as he closed the cabinet in front of me, his anger seemed to be gone.

I didn't know what to do. But drinking seemed to be the only solution to everything. Ever since I got my own place. The fridge was always filled with alcohol. It helped me get through a lot of nightmares and constant depression. There were days that I wanted to end my life, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I had gotten this far already and I wanted to go further, or all of that would have meant nothing.

Alex sat beside me on the kitchen floor. "Nice punch by the way" We both laughed at his remark, silence filling the air afterwards. I looked at him from the side as our eyes locked with each other.

His eyes, like the calm after a raging storm in the middle of the ocean. His dark hazel hair complimenting his skin tone as his nose, jaw and those lips seemed to be in perfect ratio. I knew I had a small crush on him before, but all of those feelings were gone after he ghosted me. But I think feelings aren't really forgotten but just buried or locked away. And with every second passing by, those 'feelings' seemed to have escaped. As my heart beat faster, his breath fanned down my lips, all I could think about is how his lips would taste.

Without hesitation, I kissed him.