Chapter 10

TW: Violence

Alexander

He jumped towards me with a knife, slashing my bicep in the process. I backed away from him, pulling the gun out of the waistband of my pants and pointed it at him. "Take one more step, and I'll shoot you"

-

"He was sending dead threats to my boyfriend" I said as the officers took me in for interrogation. The men in front of me looked at me with disgust and laughed. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked down at the table. I wanted to jump and punch them both at the face, but I just kept my calm instead. They asked me a few more questions before finally letting me go.

I wasn't planning to kill Chris. I only had a gun just in case he'd try to kill me, basically for self-defense. Luckily, the street where I'd ask him to meet me had cameras. It was obvious that he made the first move and I made it clear that if he'd take another step, I'll shoot. Besides, he wasn't badly hurt.

I took the bandage of my shoulder and jumped on a bus. Sirens were wailing as multiple cars went in a specific direction. What could possibly make the whole police department need so much reinforcement? I came back to the same place and headed towards where I left my car.

-

As I reached the hotel lobby, I saw my bodyguards walking around. "Hey" I called out to one of them who look confused. "What are you doing downstairs?" I asked. Confusion was written all over the guy I was talking to. "He told us you'd meet him at a cafe" He uttered. I tilted my head and thought where he could be.

I immediately went down the parking lot to my car to try and look for him. Anxiety filled me as I asked my self where he could be. My hands started to shake on the steering wheel as more police vehicles went rushing the opposite direction. I took a u-turn and followed where they were headed, I sped up my car to chase after them.

As I jumped out of the car, many people were already there. What's going on in that hospital? I made my way through the crowd and asked an officer. "There's a hostage taking, son" The old man said. Panic started to fill me as I thought that maybe Leo was in there. Many news reporters were there and many helicopters surrounded the hospital, shining a light at the rooftop where two people stood by the edge.

My heart dropped inside my body as I became at loss for words. "What are you doing here?" The same guys from the interrogation approached me. "That's him! He was the one sending death threats!" I screamed over the noisy crowd as they both looked at each other and opened the barricades for me. "Please help him!" I pleaded as tears started falling my eyes, I knelt on the floor and begged them.

"We're doing everything we can." The officer pulled me up from the ground and patted my back. I looked back up at the rooftop, Chris was pointing a knife to his throat as Leo's feet scraped the edge. I'm not just gonna stand here and do nothing. "Tell them not to shoot me"

I ran as fast as I can towards the back door and made my way inside the hospital, running up the stairs until I reached the 6th floor and devised a plan. It was a sketchy plan, but it had a chance. I made my way up to the the rooftop, my palms sweated with each step. I opened the door slightly, and see the both of their backs facing me. I pushed the door wider and stepped outside, raising my hands as a helicopter shone light on me.

When they were both within my reach, I saw a laser pointing at Chris' head. And as the gun fired, I pull them both to the ground and away from the edge. Blood splattered all over my face as the bullet went inside his skull. I pushed the dead body off me to check if Liandro was okay, but blood started to gush from his neck. My body stiffened as his eyes were rolling back. I quickly carried him and ran down the stairs where soldiers went rushing in. The medical staff took Leo from me and placed him in a wheelchair, the soldiers pushing me against the wall.

-

I was crying the entire time while I was inside the police vehicle. I kept on asking them if they could check on Leo to see if he was okay every now and then. The same officers from earlier were the ones that took me in again. "Please let me see him" I pleaded as tears wouldn't stop falling from my eyes.

"That was a stupid idea, kid" The man said as he went out of the car and opened the door, signaling me to step out of the vehicle. I was then escorted by two other soldiers, making our way to a black car.

I sat there in silence as my eyes were still glued to the hospital. "The mayor thanks you for your bravery" The guy stated. "All of your violations will be lifted after you prove your innocence. In the meantime, the police department will hold you under their custody." He continued. I don't care if I go to jail, just as long as I know Leo's safe.

"Leo. I want to see him" I demanded. And after a few minutes, the guy beside me went out of the car and talked to a another guy.

The man opened the door and un-cuffed me, leading me to the main entrance of the hospital. He talked to a few persons, asking if it was allowed. And after moments of convincing the hospital staff, he told me to go to the ICU. I walked around and searched for the room. The hospital staff guiding me inside the room where Leo was.

I couldn't stop the tears when I saw him. Fear started filling me as I knew I might loose him tonight.