Anything For You

CHAPTER EIGHT 

"C'mon lets go to bed." Zayn suggested.  

"Okay." I said quietly. Zayn walked into the bathroom with a pair of athletic shorts. He came back out in a minute and his hair was flattened against his head- in a rather sexy way -and he was shirtless, his muscles rippling as he walked.  

"Like what you see babes?" Zayn asked, winking and making me blush like crazy. Zayn tossed me a pair of shorts and I walked into the bathroom. I pulled off my trousers and pulled on the loose athletic shorts. I was looking around and something caught my eye. It was... A picture of... Me? I saw a red heart around it. I smiled and walked out of the bathroom. Zayn was bent over something and I set down my clothes. I walked behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist. He turned around.  

"Hey baby." He smiled.

"I saw that picture of me in your bathroom." I said, smiling.

His face flushed a bright red. "Oh, yeah, erm-"

"It's sweet." I put my hands on his chest and rested my head against it too, listening to his heart beat. I heard it speed up and I smiled. I pulled away from him and kissed his mouth. I walked over to the bed and climbed under the covers. I patted the space next to me and Zayn climbed in next to me. Immediately, Zayn's body heat warmed me up. He wrapped his arms around me and I snuggled into his chest.  

"Can we talk?" I asked.  

I felt him freeze. "Yeah. About what?"  

"I dunno." He relaxed. "Let's talk about you." I said, craning my head up to look at him.  

"What is there to talk about?"  

"What isn't there to talk about?"  

"Fine."  

"Fear?"  

"Water."  

"Why?"  

"I can't swim."  

"Hobby?"  

"Now, spending time with you, singing and drawing." He answered, rubbing my back. I blushed.

"Sing me something."  

"Okay. What do you want me to sing?"  

"Whatever you want." I told him. He began to sing softly.  

"Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me,

but bear this in mind it was meant to be,  

and i'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks,  

and it all makes sense to me."  

I smiled and closed my eyes, moving closer to him.  

"I know you've never loved the crinkles by your eyes when you smile,  

you've never loved your stomach or your thighs, 

the dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine, 

But i'll love them endlessly."  

I felt myself falling asleep, but I wanted to listen to this angelic voice.  

"I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth,  

But if i do, it's you, oh it's you, they add up to,

i'm in love with you and all these little things..." He finished. He kissed my head.  

"I love you Z..." I whispered.  

"I love you too Ni." He told me. My heart fluttered and I fell into a deep sleep.  

I heard a pounding on the door. I shot up and saw my dad burst through the door. He had a knife in his hand. I scrambled away from him.  

"Get back here faggot." He snapped. Zayn was nowhere to be seen.  

"ZAYN HELP ME!!!" I screamed. My dad caught me. "Lover boy's not here to save you is he?" He snarled.  

"Dad stop!" I screamed as he raised the knife. He didn't touch my hand, he put the knife to my neck.  

"Niall, shhh Niall it's okay. Baby your okay..." My dad said. It wasn't his voice though, it was Zayn's.  

"Niall wake up baby... Wake up." The voice said. Right as my dad was about to slice my skin, I shot awake.  

I screamed while I woke up. I felt tears streaming down my face. I took short, sharp breaths and Hands came around my waist.  

"Dad stop!" I screamed.  

"No Nialler it's me... It's me, Zaynie." He told me. "Your okay now, it was just a dream."  

I turned to look at my dad, terror in my eyes. How'd he find me? But the voice was right. Zayn was right. There was Zayn, with a worried expression on his face. I raised my hand to my neck, trying to find a cut. But there was nothing. I threw my arms around Zayn.  

"My dad... w-w-was there Z-z-zayn. He was trying to k-k-kill me." I cried.  

"Oh Nialler... He's gone now... I wouldn't let him hurt you."  

"I k-know." I sniffed I laid back down half on top of Zayn. His arms wrapped around me. I rested my head in the crook of his neck.  

"Z?" I asked him.  

"Yeah baby?"  

I fidgeted a little bit, a little embarrassed about saying this. "Can we... Leave the lamp on? I'm kind of... Scared..."  

"Of course baby." He said, kissing my head. He reached over and flicked the lamp on.  

"Thank you baby..." I said, falling asleep again. Right as I was about to fall asleep, I heard Zayn say, "Anything for you..."