I Screwed Up

CHAPTER NINE 

My eyes fluttered open and I immediately closed them again. I still wanted to sleep. I remembered I was in Zayn's house and I reached out my hand he wasn't there. I opened my eyes and squinted. Where was he? I threw off the covers and swung my legs off of the bed. I hopped down and walked into Zayn's bathroom. And there he was. His hair was wet and plastered to his forehead and he had a pair of athletic shorts that were hanging dangerously low around his waist.  

"Hey baby." Zayn said, looking down at me.  

"Hey." I said smiling and resting my head on his bicep. I stared at his face while he concentrated on trying to do something with his wet hair. He was biting his lip, making himself look extremely sexy, and his eyebrows were scrunched together in concentration. He moved his hands away from his hair.  

"Ew this looks terrible!" Zayn squealed, smashing his hair back down.  

"Why don't you just leave it down?"  

"Should I? Are you sure?"  

"Yes, I'm sure. You look amazing."  

"Okay, I'm trusting you."  

"Good." I smiled and kissed his cheek. "Love you."  

"Love you too." He answered, blushing a bit. I skipped out of the bathroom and back into bed. I threw the covers over my head.  

"Ni... I know where you are baby!" Zayn laughed. I stayed quiet.  

"Well I guess I'm just gonna have to come in there and find you." I held back a laugh. I felt his body against the covers and he pulled them down. He grabbed my face and crashed his lips to mine. I sat up and kissed him back. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he put his arms around my waist, pulling me close. He pulled away and put the covers back over me and sat on the side of the bed. He kissed every part of my face, making my cheeks flush.  

"You're adorable when you blush." He told me, kissing my red cheek. I smiled and leaned up to him. I kissed his lips and gave him a hug.  

"I love you." I told him.  

"I love you too Nialler." Zayn said, smiling.  

"Now I don't know about you, but I'm goin' back to bed since you got me all comfy." I said, flopping backdown on the bed.  

"What about breakfast?" Zayn asked. Aw he was evil.  

"Geez now you throw food in the deal? What is wrong with you child?" I said, getting up. Zayn chuckled and lifted me up bridal style. He spun me around and I squealed. He marched down the stairs and set me down on a bar stool. He kissed the back of my neck and whispered "I love you" and then he went to go get and me and him some food. I smiled and Zayn's mum came in.  

"Hello boys! Good morning to you!" She announced.  

"You too!" I said cheerfully.  

"Hey mum. I need to tell you something." Zayn said. He looked at me and I nodded. "Niall and I are dating."  

Zayn's mum stood still for a second, thinking and then she grinned.  

"OH MY GOSH I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS, DEAR MERCY ME! Oh I'm so happy for you two!" She exclaimed rather loudly.  

I smiled and felt a rush of relief over me. Zayn was smiling too and he was shaking his head at his mum.  

"Thank god we're not in public." Zayn laughed. Zayn's mum smacked him on the back of the head and i burst out laughing. Zayn came over to me and hugged me. I almost fell down laughing and Zayn caught me, laughing too. He stood me up and kissed my nose.  

"I love you." Zayn told me, not embarrassed that his mum was right there.  

"I love you too. Can we go eat now?"  

"Yes, Nialler, we can go eat now." Zayn said, shaking his head and smiling.  

"Yes!" I said, plopping down on the barstool again. Zayn served me my food and i stuffed it in my face.  

"Geez your eating really fast for someone who just got over being anorexi-" Zayn stopped himself. His eyes widened. "Niall I'm so sorry-" My face turned bright red.  

"Um... I'm going to go to the um... The um..." I snapped my fingers trying to remember the word.  

"Toilet-"  

"Toilet. I'm just gonna, yeah." I got up and walked quickly to the bathroom.  

"Niall-"  

"Don't worry about him Zayn, he's fine."  

I closed the toilet door. I heard Zayn screaming, "No mum! He's not fine! He needs me to take care of him! He can't- Ugh!" I heard him break down in sobs.  

"I screwed up, mum i didn't mean to say that, i embarrassed him, h-he'll n-never for-give me mum!" He hiccuped.  

"If Niall truly loves you, then he will forgive you." I heard Zayn's mum say. I slowly opened the door, making it creak loudly.  

"Ni?" I heard Zayn's voice crack.  

"Yeah?" I asked very quietly.  

I saw Zayn come around the corner and he ran to me. I saw tears on his face and i wiped them off.  

"Please don't cry Zayn, I'm not worth crying over." I told him. This was my first time seeing him this upset, his weak side. He sniffed and looked down at his feet.  

"I really didn't mean to say that Ni..." He said softly and he pressed his forehead against mine.  

"I know. You don't need to worry about babe." I smiled at him.  

He opened his mouth like he was going to say something but he stopped himself and took a deep breath in and smiled, his mouth still open. It was incredibly cute, his face right now.  

"Zayn? Are you okay?" I asked him, laughing a bit. He looked at me and nodded.  

"Good. I love you."  

"I love you too Ni, I'm sorry." Zayn whispered. He pressed his lips to mine before I could stop him from apologizing.