Explosion

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Zayn's POV

I flipped through the book full of things I was going to do with Niall. I ran my hands over the drawings of him and me. We only got to do one thing... A kiss in the rain. We never got to do anything else. The thing I was looking forward to most: Growing old together, dying together, knowing we love each more than anyone could ever imagine.

Niall crushed my heart though. Completely crushed it. I slammed the book shut in anger. I stood up and ran out to my car. I didn't have a plan. I wanted Niall back in my arms. I wanted to run my hands through his hair. I wanted to be the one who made him laugh or smile. I wanted to look into his beautiful blue eyes and tell him how much I love him. I wanted to wake up next to him every morning. I just wanted HIM. I started my car and tore out of the driveway. I sped down the freeway, dodging cars as I went. I received honks from other drivers but I didn't care. I pressed the pedal down harder, anger boiling inside of me. I saw the exit and turned towards it. My car began to swerve and my eyes widened with fear as my car got closer to the edge of the road, where there was a small cliff. It was small, but big enough to injure someone badly. I tried to stop the car, but it lurched to the side. Everything seemed to go in slow motion as my car flew off the road. I felt gravity as it pulled my car down and I felt the car hit the hard ground. The center of my steering wheel exploded as the white airbag flew out and smashed into my head. The last thing I felt before going unconscious was that the car was getting unusually hot.

Niall's POV

I sat between Austin's legs as he hummed softly in my ear. My phone rang loudly in my pocket. I groaned and answered it.

"Hello, Niall speaking."

"Niall you need to get to the hospital now. Zayn's hurt."

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Zayn Malik?!"

"Room 239. Down the hall and its on the left."

"Thank you." I ran down the hall, Austin at my heels. I ripped the door open and stopped in my tracks. I backed up quickly.

"That's not Zayn! No! That's not him!"

Louis's POV

I never knew Niall would break up with Zayn. He seemed so... alive... and happy. After I called Niall and told him that Zayn was hurt, I walked to the bed Zayn was laying on. All the color was drained from his face besides the burns and cuts that went from his forehead down to his toes, covering his body. His heart, beating scarily slow. Zayn and I had become better friends after Niall broke up with him. He told me that he would always love Niall. About 20 minutes after I called Niall, he arrived. He opened the door and began screaming.

"That's not Zayn! No! That's not him!"

I saw a boy behind Niall and I assumed it was his new boyfriend Austin. Wow. He was attra- No. Not now Louis. Now is not the time to be crushing on your friend's boyfriend. Austin whispered in Niall's ear and tears spilled out of Niall's eyes. Niall ran into my arms and he let out choked sobs.

"What happened?!" He cried.

"He got in a car crash and the car exploded," I explained.

"Oh my god..." Niall walked over to Zayn's bed and lifted his bandaged hand up. Tears slipped down his cheek and he put Zayn's hand down. Austin came up behind Niall and slowly wrapped his arms around his waist.

"So this is Zayn?" Austin asked quietly.

"Mhm..." Niall squeaked.

Austin rested his head on Niall's shoulder and they both stared at Zayn's unmoving body. I didn't want to tell Niall about what happened to Zayn. About what happened to his leg.