I Don't Want You To Get Hurt

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

I woke up to the sound of the beeping heart monitor. I groaned.

"Hey Ni..." I heard a voice say. I opened my eyes and I saw Zayn hovering over me.

"Hey baby." I smiled.

"Hi." Zayn whispered. He kissed my nose.

"I'm bored..." I complained. Zayn held up a finger and ran out of the room. I saw him talking with a doctor and he walked back in. "What?"

"You are going home tomorrow."

"Nooooo... Why not today?"

"They need to make sure you're stable enough."

I groaned.

"I AM stable enough!"

Zayn came over to me. He kissed my forehead.

"Shhh... Do you need anything?" He asked.

"No." I pouted.

"You're so cute." Zayn told me.

I blushed and threw the sheets over my head. I heard Zayn laugh. He climbed into the covers with me. And there we sat, under the covers. Zayn soon fell asleep under the covers. I pulled the sheets down and snuggled into Zayn's side. His arm snaked around my waist and I closed my eyes.

The sound of a ringing cell phone woke me up. Zayn rolled over and grabbed his phone off of the side table.

"Hullo?" He answered groggily.

"... Liam? ... I'm at the hospital... Because Ni- I got hurt... Yes, I'm fine... No you do not have to come here... Why not? Cuz you don't have to waste your time on me... I have to go... Okay I'll talk to you later... Yeah... Bye." He hung up the phone.

"You don't have to lie Zayn... You can tell them. I don't really care." I told him.

"Well I don't want you to get hurt again."

"Zaynie... I'll be fine. You don't have to worry about me."

"How do you explain this Niall?" He asked, pointing the different things around me.

"I don't know Zayn! It just happened!" I felt tears coming up.

"I just don't want it to happen again Ni..." Zayn said, cupping my cheeks. The hot tears spilled over.

"I know... I just feel like everything I do is a problem and it's not right and I screw everything up." I cried.

"Baby no, no, no... Don't think that." Zayn kissed my cheek. "You don't screw everything up. Baby no." Zayn pecked me lightly on the lips.

I sniffed and buried my face in his chest.

"Do you need anything else baby?" Zayn asked me.

I closed my eyes. "I just wanna go back home..."

Zayn tensed next to me. "You want to go back to your house? Ni-"

"No silly, your house." I laughed.

"Oh thank god." Zayn breathed. He grabbed the remote off the side table and flicked through the channels. As I watched him change the channels, all I could think about was that all I actually wanted to do was go back to my house and see my mum.