Just You And Me?

I have no idea why I'm updating so much, but I am. I am very into my story right now so I guess that's why. Enjoy!!! Please comment, vote, fan, ANYTHING YOU WANT ITS A FREE COUNTRY! Tootaloo!  

-Graceeeee

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT 

Niall's POV 

"Oh. He's okay. Niall... Wake up buddy." Someone stroked my hair.  

My eyes fluttered open. "W-what h-happened?"  

"You screamed and passed out Ni." My head was in Austin's lap.  

"You okay Nialler?" Louis asked.  

"I-I think so." Then all the memories came back.  

'I walked to the end of the bed and sat on it. I rubbed his left foot and then reached for his right. My stomach dropped. Where was it? I jumped up and ran my hand down his thigh. My hand went over his knee and then it just... Ended.'  

I shot up and ran over to Zayn's bed and ripped the sheets off his legs. And then... I threw up.  

"Oh my god!" Louis shrieked. "Janitor!"  

"Louis you call the nurse." Austin chuckled.  

"NURSE!" Louis screamed.  

A couple seconds later a janitor and a nurse ran in. The janitor cleaned up the mess and the nurse checked on me. She said I was just shocked.  

"What happened to his l-leg?"  

"The explosion damaged his lower right leg very badly so we had to amputate below his knee."  

Tears fell from my watery eyes and I walked back over to Zayn. I cupped his cheek.  

"I'll just... Go." The nurse left after we all said thanks.  

"Zayn... I'm so sorry..." I cried, burying my face in his chest. I longed to have him put his arms around me.  

The heart moniter went beep... Beep... Beep........ Beep...............  

"No, no, no Zayn!" I grabbed his hand.  

There was a long pause then a beep. Then another long pause and a beep. Beep........... Beep... Beep... Beep.. Beep. Beep beep beep. Beep... Beep. His heart was beating irregularly.  

"Zayn! Stop it!" I yelled. It went back to it's normal beating. My heart was beating like crazy.  

"Please Zayn..." I whispered. "Just, open your eyes..."  

Nothing happened. He just laid there.  

"Louis! Why isn't he waking up?!" I screamed, tears streaming down my face. "They said he would be awake any minute and it's been ten minutes and he's still not awake! Wake up!"  

Louis grabbed my arm and spun me around. "Shut up Niall! It's only been ten fucking minutes!"  

My bottom lip quivered and I fell to the floor, my head in my hands. Louis never cussed at me.  

I heard him sigh. "I'm sorry Ni... I'm just stressed, that's all. Sorry."  

"I-it's fine," I said softly.  

"I'm going to go get some food. Do you wanna come?"  

I shook my head.  

"What do ya want?"  

"Nothing."  

"C'mon Niall, you need to eat something."  

I shook my head.  

Louis groaned and left.  

"Ni, I'm gonna go get something too. Are you okay here by yourself?" Austin asked.  

I nodded.  

"Bye Niall." Austin kissed my head before leaving the room and running after Lou. I turned to Zayn.  

"Well, Zayn. I guess it's just you and me." He laid there, perfectly still. I rested my head on the cot and closed my eyes.  

After about five minutes, I felt a hand on the back of my neck.  

"J-just you and m-me, eh?" A weak voice croaked.  

"ZAYN!" I screamed. I jumped up and wrapped my arms around him as much as I could. Tears fell from my eyes, once again. But these were happy tears. I sat up and studied his face. Then my smile dropped. He hadn't heard any of what I said.  

"I haven't heard w-what?"  

Crap, I said that out loud?  

"Yeah."  

I smacked my forehead.  

"What haven't I heard Niall?"  

"Um... I was talking to you earlier, nothing much."  

"What did you say?" He asked.  

God I missed him. "I-I-I-I said that I was confused. I don't really know what I'm doing anymore. My dad is scaring me, Austin is treating me like I fell from heaven or something, I just saw Louis for the first time in a really long time. I hope you don't hate me Zayn."  

"Why would I hate you?"  

"Because I broke up with you. I was angry, scared, and sick. And Zayn... I-I-I still love you..." I trailed off. "I already told Austin. My now ex-boyfriend. He was so sweet and he completely understood my feelings. We ended it but its not awkward or anything. The truth is... I never stopped loving you Zaynie..." I looked down at my fingers. Zayn lifted my chin up and looked in my eyes.  

"I never stopped and I never will stop loving you my little snowflake," Zayn kissed my cheek. A tear slid down my cheek. Zayn wiped it away. "No more crying okay?" He smiled.  

I blushed and nodded.  

"Now, Niall Horan... Will you take me to be your lawfully amazing and loving boyfriend?" Zayn asked.  

"Of course. But we're not in the middle of getting married yet Zaynie." I giggled.  

"I know I just wanted to do that. Now come here." He pulled me onto his lap and I avoided his right leg. Then I leaned forward and pressed my lips against his. We immediately melted into the kiss and it was full of love. It wasn't forceful, just a gentle kiss. We pulled away and rested our foreheads together.  

"I love you," We said at the same time. "I love you too," We laughed.  

I was finally happy. I was truly, madly and deeply in love.