He Still Hates Me, Doesn't He?

CHAPTER TWO

I woke up and blinked. I was in a hospital. I looked at my wrist and it was bandaged.

"Niall!" I heard a voice yell. I looked to my right and there was Louis. He pulled me into a hug.

"Hey Lou..." I smiled. "How are you?"

He raised an eyebrow at me. "I am fine. And I'm not the one on the hospital bed. I think I should be asking that question stupid. So Nialler, how are YOU?"

I laughed and gave him a thumbs up. "I feel fine."

"Oh my god you should've seen Zayn's face! It was hilarious!" He laughed and then made the face. I laughed.

"He still hates me doesn't he?" I asked.

"... Uh... Ni..." He sat down on the bed and looked at me. "Just because... He helped you... Doesn't mean... Um... It doesn't mean that he likes you... Sorry Ni. I think he would just break your heart."

I looked out the window and nodded. I felt a tear roll down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away, sniffing.

"I'm sorry Nialler..." He whispered. "Thanks Lou. For telling me the truth." I said quietly. He nodded and grabbed my hand, giving it a squeeze and then releasing it.

"Niall Horan you can leave." A nurse stated, then left. I raised an eyebrow and looked at Louis.

"She seemed cranky." I giggled. I stood up and we slowly made our way to Louis' car.

"So why did I have to go to the hospital?" I asked Louis.

"Dude. You passed out and cracked your head open." He stared at me.

"Oh." I said simply. Louis laughed softly and drove me to my house.

"Here you go buddy." Louis told me.

"Thanks Lou." I climbed out of the car. I walked up to my house and my hand hovered over the doorknob. I could hear yelling inside. My parents were fighting. I slowly opened the door and peeked inside. I opened the door a bit farther and was yanked inside.

"DAD!!" I screamed as he threw me upstairs. He shoved into me.

"Dad... Stop-" he clapped a hand over my mouth and I whimpered in pain.

"You fat, ugly, worthless fag." He spat. I cringed at his words. He had never called me fat before.

"I-I'm fat?"

He laughed bitterly. "You didn't notice that before? You're so stupid. Geez. You must be blind too. Huh fat boy?" I felt a hot tear roll down my face. "Oh don't cry too! Haha!" He took out his small pocketknife and grabbed my hand. I whimpered as he slid the flat side of the knife across my skin.

"Now you have to be quiet." He said pressing a finger to my lips. I closed my eyes and waited for the pain. There it was. He flipped the knife over to the sharp side and sliced the skin on my wrist. I groaned and he left me on the ground, laughing his evil laugh. I slowly stood up and took care of the fresh cut. I cringed as the water stung my cut. I climbed into bed and drifted off to sleep.

The Next Day

My eyes fluttered open and I moaned. I didn't want to go back to school. Eventually, I dragged myself out of bed and grabbed a shirt and some jeans. I pulled off my dirty shirt and I caught myself staring at the mirror. My dad was right, I am gaining weight. Maybe I shouldn't eat for a while, at least until I loose a few pounds. I mean, it shouldn't take that long. I pulled on my shirt and jeans, running a hand through my hair. I brushed my teeth and walked downstairs. I smelt bacon and eggs. Yum- no. You can't eat, you're fat. My mind interrupted me. Crap.

"Good morning Niall, sit down and eat some breakfa-"

"No." I interrupted my mum.

"Ni... I want you to eat something, sit down." She said.

"NO!!!" I screamed and I ran out the door with my bag. I practically ran to school and when I got there, my face was red and I was sweating.

"Niall!" I heard someone yell. I turned around and it was Louis. "Why didn't you wait for me to pick you up?!" I shrugged and muttered a sorry. I walked to my locker and grabbed my science books. I walked to class and sat down in the front of the classroom. I saw Zayn, Liam and Harry walk in and I tried to hold back a smile and not look at Zayn. I looked down at the desk and picked at the edges of the cracked wood.

Our teacher walked in. "Okay class take your seats! We're going to be working on a project. I'll assign you partners, but you won't have any time to work on it in class. You'll have to find a way to work at either person's house. Okay... Partners! Aaron and Linda, Kenzie and David, Devon and Mark, Harry and Liam..." I heard a high-five. There were only four people left in the class: Me, Zayn, Louis, and James. Maybe I could work with Louis!

"Louis and... James, and Zayn and Niall. Please get into your groups. This will be the only day you get to work in class. Come up here and get your rubrics." I just sat there. I was working with Zayn. Me, Niall Horan, working with Zayn Malik. I felt a strong hand on my shoulder.

"Come on Horan, don't wanna get an F do we?" Zayn's hot breath whispered in my ear. I shook my head and stood up quickly, rushing up to the front.

"Are you okay Niall? You look a little pale." The teacher said.

"I'm fine." I said, snatching up two rubrics. I walked back to Zayn and gave him his rubric.

"Thanks Nialler." He smirked. I sat down and read over the half sheet of paper. We had to make a diagram/poster thing for the electromagnetic spectrum. Great.

"Electromagnetic spectrum eh?" Zayn whispered in my ear, almost resting his head on my shoulder. I shivered.

"Uh-uh- yeah-yeah." I stuttered. My face felt hot and I stared down at the rubric.

"A little nervous are we?" Zayn began to massage my shoulders and I felt myself relax.

"We should pro-probably start on our project, Z-Zayn." I stated softly after a minute, shrugging his hands off my back.

He looked taken back. I saw a flash of anger in his eyes and I looked at him, confused.

"Right after I disinfect my hands." He snapped. He stood up quickly and ran out of the room. I shook my head and began to work on the project. After about 10 minutes, Zayn returned and he sat down next to me.

"Um... Zayn?" My voice trembled.

"What?" He snapped.

"I-I forgot where the infrared waves go. Um... Could you uh... Tell me?" My face turned bright red and I scratched my head anxiously.

"After microwaves, before visible light." He stated angrily.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

"So. We need to work on this somewhere. Your's or mine?" He asked me.

"Um... Your's?" I answered.

"Okay here's my address, you free after school?"

I nodded. I took his address and stuffed it into my pocket.

"Okay class, clean up and you can leave when you are done. Enjoy the rest of your day!" The teacher dismissed us and we filed out of the classroom. To be completely honest, I was terrified to go to Zayns house. I mean, he bullies me! He is super scary and I seriously have no idea why I like him. I gently closed my locker and walked to my next class. Today is gonna be a long day.