You're A Guy?

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

Zayn's POV

I laid on the warm sand and watched the waves roll by. My heart ached for Niall. I had lost a lot of weight and my face had started to sink in. My eyes were red, my hair, flattened. I heard a squeal and looked to my left. There was a couple. A guy doing cartwheels and a girl with short hair, watching and laughing. I looked away. But I looked back and looked at the girl. She wasn't a girl. "She" was Niall. The guy walked over to Niall and grabbed his waist. Niall laughed and the guy spun him around.

"Austin!" Niall squealed happily. This Austin guy laughed and kissed Niall's fingers. He said something to Niall and Niall laughed. Austin backed away from Niall. Niall put his hands in the air and looked over at Austin. Austin nodded and did a slow cartwheel. Niall tried to a cartwheel and failed, landing on his bum. Niall laughed and Austin helped him up. Niall tried several more times, landing on his bum everytime. Austin suggested something and Niall nodded. Austin did a handstand and began to walk around Niall in a circle on his hands. Niall giggled and pushed Austin down, but tripped and fell on top of Austin. I looked away, tears coming to my eyes. Was I really that bad of a boyfriend? I guess I was. Austin seems perfect for Niall. I had bullied him. I can't take him to the beach to swim or do cartwheels and flips cause I can't swim and I'm not some kind of gymnast or something. Why would Niall love someone like me? I'm so stupid to think that he would actually spend the rest of his life with me. God I'm so stupid!

Niall's POV

Well, I failed at cartwheels so now Austin is trying to teach me how to do a handstand so I can get stronger arms. Lets just say that I can NEVER be a gymnast. I tried the handstand and my legs fell backwards and I ended up hugging his head with my legs. I was laughing the whole time and so was he. I flopped onto the ground and Austin laid down next to me. I turned towards him and stared at him as he rested underneath the bright sun. I watched his eyes move under his eyelids and I crawled on top of him. He looked up at me and I just went for it. I pressed my lips against his and then pulled away quickly. I sat back in the sand, my face bright red. My heart was pounding. Austin sat up behind me and he looked at me.

"Austin I need to tell you something," I stated.

"Yeah beautiful?" He brushed a piece of hair away from my face.

"I'm not who you think I am..."

"What'd you mean?"

I paused.

"You can tell me anything Natalie," he cooed.

"My name isn't Natalie, it's N-N-Niall," I stuttered, not looking him in the eyes.

He didn't speak.

"I'm sorry Austin, please don't hate me!"

"Wait... So, you're a guy?"

"Y-yeah." I looked at my hands, tears forming in my eyes.

"Hey, don't cry... I don't mind..." He said. I looked up.

"Y-you don't?"

"Not at all. As a matter of fact, Niall, will you be my boyfriend?"

"What? You're completely fine with this? Are you... Bi?"

"I guess I am now. Don't worry, I'm not a homophobe." He smiled.

I jumped into his arms. "Yes, I will be your boyfriend!" He didn't care! This amazing guy... Didn't care... Tears of joy ran down my cheeks.

We pulled away.

"If you don't mind me asking, why do you have makeup on?"

"Well, its a long story..."

"If you wanna tell me, I've got time."

"Okay. Well, my parents had always wished for a little girl, especially my dad. So when I was born and I was a boy, my dad was furious. My mom was okay with it though.

"On my fifth birthday, my dad began to cut me with his pocketknife." I showed him my scars and he gasped. "Yeah... He has done this for about twelve or thirteen years, every week. I have learned to take care of the cuts and this year, I have gotten a bit of a break for the last month. This guy at my school, Zayn, bullied me, but one day, we were assigned as partners for a project and we became really good friends, he protected me from my father one night and we got together. We were madly in love and he had our life planned out for us. I knew we would stay together forever. I was so in love. But, one day, I missed my mum so much. I wanted to go home, see her. But Zayn wouldn't let me. He was afraid my father might hurt me. So I left him. I went home. My mum was mad when I got home though. She sent me to my room and told my dad was going to bring me dinner. When he did, he threatened to cut me again. I stopped him, but I made a deal with him that if he didn't cut me, then I would be his d-daughter.

"So now I have to wear makeup and girl clothes. When I met you at the bar, I fell in love with you, honestly. But I need to tell you that I still love Zayn. I always will. He was the first person to really love me... And he was the first person I really loved. But now I have you, to fill the empty hole in my heart, Austin."

Austin wrapped his muscular arms around me and kissed my head.

"Thank you Niall, for trusting me to tell your story to," he whispered, holding me close.

Zayn's POV

Tears fell from my eyes as I listened to Niall's story. Our story. Did Niall really still love me?