You Don't Know What It's Like

CHAPTER FOUR 

I stared at the food in front of me and I gulped.  

"Oh my god Niall it's fucking noodles! Eat!" Zayn urged me, slurping down his own food.  

"O-okay." I said, lifting the spoon in front of my mouth, a bit startled by his sudden use of bad language. I slipped the noodles inside my mouth and I quickly shoved more food in.  

"Jesus Niall, slow down!"  

"I can't! I love food so much, you have no idea how much I love it!" I yelled, my mouth full of noodles. He chuckled and I suddenly stopped eating.  

"Niall? Is something wrong?" Zayn asked me cautiously.  

All the bad feelings had come back. You're fat. You're fat. You're FAT.  

"I'm fat. I need to get rid of this food." I told him.  

"No, no, no Niall, don't go thinking that again."  Zayn stood up.

"You can't stop me from thinking this stuff, you don't know what my life is like! My life SUCKS! OKAY?! Everyday somebody tells me I'm FAT! I'm a fag, I'm a disgrace, I shouldn't be alive! You don't KNOW what that's like for me! Do you?!" I screamed at him, tears running down my face.  

"Niall-"  

"DON'T 'NIALL' ME! JUST STAY AWAY FROM ME!" I yelled, running into the bathroom. "You're fat, you're fat, you're FAT! Get rid of the fat Niall, get rid of it and someone might actually LIKE YOU!" I screamed at myself. I leaned over the toilet and gulped. Here goes nothing. I shoved my fingers down my throat.

"NIALL OPEN THE DOOR!" Zayn screamed at me. I wiped my mouth and flushed the toilet, halfway satisfied with myself. I slowly opened the door and Zayn pulled me into a hug. I sobbed into his chest and he rocked me side to side. It was almost like we were dancing, except I was crying my eyes out.  

"I know someone who likes you." He said suddenly.  

"Crap, you heard that?" I asked. He nodded. "Who?"  

"That... I can't tell you!" He said, walking away from me.  

"You suck." I mumbled.  

"Excuse me?" He asked, turning around and raising an eyebrow.  

"I said maybe we should work on our project."  

"Nah, I think we're done for the day, eh Horan?" Zayn winked at me.  

"Okay..." I looked at my watch. Crap, I'm late. Dad's gonna kill me.  

"I'm sorry Zayn I have to go, my dad is gonna be pissed. I'm really late." I said, grabbing my bags. "Do you think you can take the project?"  

"Yeah, so should we go to your place tomorrow?" Zayn asked, looking at me curiously.  

His golden brown eyes distracted me and I nodded, forgeting that my dad would be home tomorrow. I wrote down my address and we exchanged phone numbers.  

"Hey, I'll drive you home." He suggested, pulling on his hoodie.  

"Okay."  

"Let's go!" We ran out to his car and he drove me home.  

"Well um... I guess I'll see you tomorrow then?"  

Zayn nodded.  

"Hey Zayn?" He raised his eyebrows. "You seem different out of school, like you're free to be who you are. I like it." I told him. He blushed and I climbed out of the car. He waved goodbye and drove away. I smiled and faced my house. Oh great. I walked into the garage and noticed my dad's car wasn't there. Oh thank god! I walked into the house and saw my mum at the stove.  

"Niall where were you?" She asked.  

"I was working on a project with a f-friend." I said, bouncing a little bit on the balls of my feet.  

"Oh! Did you get a lot done?" She asked. Whew!  

I nodded and walked up to my room. I flipped down on my bed, even though I still had homework. My phone vibrated.  

"goodnight nialler! ;) xx -Z" it said.  

"Goodnight Zayn :D Zzz xx -N" I replied. I chucked my phone on my night stand and slowly drifted off to sleep...