I'm Going To War

CHAPTER SIX 

Zayn held the door open for me and I smiled at him. A waitress came over.  

"How many?" She asked.  

"Two please." Zayn answered.  

"Okay, follow me." She led us to a table with two chairs opposite from each other and a small candle in the middle.  

"Can I get you something to drink?"  

"I'll have a water please." Zayn and I said at the same time.  

"Okay, I'll be right back." She began to walk away and she slipped a piece of paper into Zayn's hand. 

"Oh, ma'am?" Zayn asked, leaning towards her.  

"Yeah?"  She asked, smiling and puffing her chest out, practically shoving her boobs down his throat.

I felt jealously churn inside me, but I felt Zayn's foot rub against mine, relaxing me.  

"I'm on a date here, so uh, try not to ruin it." Zayn said. He showed her the piece of paper she gave him and he stuck it into the candle, letting it burn. "That will be all."  

The waitress frowned and spun around, marching off to get out waters.  

"Is Niall a little jealous?" Zayn teased, winking at me.  

"Pfft, no." I lied.  

"Liar." Zayn said, taking my hand and rubbing it with his thumbs.  

"Fine, you got me." I giggled, kicking his leg lightly.  

He smiled at me and put his hand against mine. Palm against palm. His hand was larger than mine and he slid his fingers down in between mine. The waitress came back and set the drinks on the table, she started to walk away.  

"Um... Excuse me? I think we're ready to order." I told her. She turned around and ripped out her pen and notepad.  

"What can I get you?" She snapped angrily.  

"Easy there." I told her, trying not to laugh. I looked down at my menu and ordered, making sure to raise me and Zayn's entwined hands in her face to make her angry. Zayn ordered and I could tell he was trying not to laugh.  

"And that will be all. Thank you." Zayn said. He smiled up at her with a creepy smile and she left, making a disgusted face. I clapped a hand over my mouth to stop myself from laughing. Zayn had a huge grin on his face.  

"Oh my god that was hilarious!" I cried.  

Zayn made the face again and I burst out laughing.  

"Niall. I'm going to war." Zayn said suddenly, his face serious.  

"What? NO!" I screamed, earning a few weird glances from the people around us. 

"I'm kidding!" He said, laughing.  

"You arse! Oh my god I was so scared!" I said, standing up. "I'm gonna go to the loo, I'll be right back."

He waved me off. 

I came back and I saw Zayn with our food. I snuck around behind him and I jumped on him, making him scream and fall back into the booth. I laughed and sat across from him again. He sat up and grabbed a fry off of my plate. He held it up to my lips and I bit into it. He smiled and ate the rest of it. We continued doing this with all of our food. Feeding each other, and eating each other's food. Once we were done, we both reached for our wallets.  

"I'm paying." Zayn said, pulling out money.  

"No way, I am."  

"I asked you."  

"So?"  

"I'm paying."  

"Your difficult, I wanna pay!"  

"Nope. I'm paying babes."  

"Ugh. I'm paying Malik."  

"Saying my last name doesn't intimidate me."  

"Please? I'm payyyyiiingg."  

"Nope. I. Am. Paying."  

"Pretty please let me pay."  

"The appearance or type of please does not affect this conversation."  

"Ugh. Fine! You win!"  

"Good."  

I slouched down in my chair and pouted.  

"Aww is Nialler sad?" Zayn asked, laughing.  

I rolled my eyes and Zayn paid the waitress. We walked out of the restaurant, both stuffed full of food.  

Zayn brought me home to his house.  

"I don't want you to go home to your dad Ni..." Zayn said, taking both of my hands and pulling me closer.  

"I don't want to either, but I have nowhere to go except for Louis' house."  

"You can stay at my place." Zayn suggested.  

I bounced a little on the balls of my feet and I nodded.  

"Okay!"