It's Not Your Fault

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

I opened my locker and stuffed my things inside. I got out my stuff for science and someone slammed my locker shut. I turned to look at the person. It was my ex-boyfriend Kyle.

"Hey Nialler." He cooed.

"Get away from me Kyle." I snapped.

He slammed me up against the lockers, his hands around my neck.

"Don't tell me what to do Ni. Where's lover boy? Huh?" He spat in my face and I grabbed at his hands, trying to breathe. I felt dizzy and once again, my world began to turn black.

* * * * *

My eyes fluttered open and I gasped for air. I felt like something was down my throat, a tube. I gagged. I hit a button next to my bed and nurses rushed in seconds later. They took out all the tubes and asked me how I was feeling. I felt dizzy and my world was spinning. They ran a couple more tests and left the room. Once they were gone, a red eyed Zayn ran into the room.

"Niall!" His voice cracked. He took my hand and kissed it. "I'm so sorry Ni, so sorry!" He was crying into my hand. He sniffed and played with my fingers. "I should've been there, ugh I'm so STUPID!" He screamed.

"Zayn? It's not your fault sweetie." I cooed, stroking his cheek, wiping away stray, hot tears.

"I should've been there though! God, I'm so stupid! I should've b-b-" he began to sob and I rubbed his back.

"Zaynie... Please, stop crying. Zaynie, shhh..." I whispered. He looked up at me, not bothering to wipe away tears that were on his cheeks. I gave him a small smile and wiped away the tears.

"Baby, it's not your fault..." He nodded and picked up my hand and kissed my fingers. He leaned forward and kissed my forehead.

"Why don't you go back to school?" I suggested. Zayn smirked.

"Niall it's seven-thirty." He laughed. There's my Zayn.

"Oh."

"Yeah baby." Zayn ruffled my hair.

"I'm hungry..." I whined.

"I'll ask someone." Zayn stood up. I grabbed his hand.

"Don't leave me..." I pouted. Zayn shook his head.

"I'm getting you food baby." He laughed. I dropped his hand.

"Don't come back without food." I pointed at him and narrowed my eyes.

"Okay babe." Zayn jogged out of the room. I looked around and saw I was hooked up to several different machines. I sighed and waited for Zayn to come back.

After a little while I saw Zayn walk back and he knocked on the glass and shrugged, showing he had nothing in his hands. I frowned. But then he held up one finger. He leaned down and stood back up with a bouquet of flowers in his hands. He pointed to the flowers and smiled a little at me. I winked at him and signaled for him to come in. He held up one finger again and bent down. He came back up with a salad. I nodded and flailed my arms, wanting him to come in here. He laughed and he came inside, shutting the door.

"Gimme!"

"Oh my gosh Nialler calm yourself!"

"Sorry."

"Good thing you're cute."

I blushed and Zayn handed me the food.

"Why salad?" I asked.

"Cuz they didn't have anything else."

"Liar."

"I don't care."

"Me either." I stuffed the food in my mouth. Zayn found a jar in one of the cupboards and he filled it up with water and he put the flowers in it. I smiled at him.

"What?" He asked.

"You are so sweet." I told him.

Zayn blushed and scratched his head. I laughed at him. I finished my salad and put it on a table next to me.

"Zaynie..." I whispered. He looked over at me.

"Yeah babes?" I loved it when he called me that.

"I wanna get up." I whispered again.

"Baby you can't. You're hooked up to all this crap."

I frowned. "Dang it."

Zayn walked over to the bed and crawled into the covers with me. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my neck. I felt a tear run down my cheek. It slipped onto Zayn's face and looked up at me. He shifted around so my head was on his chest.

"Baby what's wrong?" He asked worriedly.

"Do you... Do you..."

"Do I what baby?"

"Do you actually love me?"

"Niall... Would I be here if i didn't love you? Would I have written that list of things we are going to do together if I didn't love you? Would I let you- well want you- to live in my house if I didn't love you? Would I kiss you and tell you I love you if I didn't love you? I love you SO much Niall. You have no idea."

"Thanks Zaynie..." I whispered, falling asleep.

"Go to sleep baby. "

"Mmkay..." I whispered, my eyes fluttering shut and my mind drifting off somewhere else.

Zayn kissed my head. "You have no idea."