Awkward Happiness

Michael's P.o.V

17 hours had passed since Sonny and our dad had gotten into that fight. We hadn't heard from Sonny almost all day, we all decided to go check on him seperately, since he and Riley were really close he was the first of us to go talk to him. He came down after about 15 minutes and shook his head as he sat on the couch. Austin took his turn and went upstairs to talk to him, he was up there for a little while, hopefully getting to him. He came down and shook his head as he laid back down. I sighed and got off the couch, I made my way upstairs, I knocked softly and went in the room. Sonny didn't bother to look at me, instead he continued to stand poised in the window, I walked over to him and put my hand on his shoulder and shook him gently.

"How you feeling kiddo?" I asked softly

He tensed up and looked out of the corner of his eye at me.

"Won't help not talking to anyone about it Sonny, no one knows but the four of us, you not telling us shit isn't gonna help your case bro." I said walked to the door.

"Mike, wait." He said stopping me

I turned around and walked back over to him, he sat on the foot of the bed and told me have a seat in the chair across from him. He ran his hands through his hair and exhaled as he looked up at me.

"I only did it because he put his hands on Austin. You know that shit gets under my skin." He said

"I know Sonn, we all feel like that about one another." I said

"I know, but you already know I can't stand Malcolm, so you know I don't care about him being my father, he's not going to put his hands on either of us and me especially, not do shit." Sonny said as he clenched his jaw a little more

That's one thing that's different from us and Sonny, hes the only one that calls our Dad by his real name, none of us others do. Sonny hasn't liked our Dad since he was 5, I guess its just something he knows that we don't, but there has never been a moment where Sonny was haply while Dad was around. He's always angry when Dads around, if we have dinner together, he won't eat with any of us. Yeah, the hate is that strong, I can't say I blame him, but sometimes he needs to chill out.

Sonny and I talked for a little while longer and we walked out the room and downstairs, we all sat around the living room and talked to one another.

"Yo Sonny, when you slammed that nigga you should've seen his face!" Austin said imitating the face

We all laughed and Riley picked Austin up and slammed him on the couch like Sonny did our dad, we all laughed again and I pushed Sonny's arm.

"Didn't realize you were that strong. Hell didnt even think you had the balls to do anything like that." I teased

"Fuck you." He said laughing

"Shit was funny though." I said tipping my head

He shrugged and laid on his fist as he flipped through the channels, we all sat around and watched cartoons. Mom came in the house and laughed as she came in the living room.

"Just a bunch of big ass kids." She said smiling

"You know us." I said grinning

She looked at Sonny and massaged his shoulder, he looked up at her and gave a small smile.

"I apologize about last night Mom, Iwss just upset is all." He said rubbing her hand

"Its okay hun." She said

"No it's not, that's why I'm apologizing." He said getting up and hugging her tightly

We looked at them and I gave a small smile

"Isn't this cute." I teased

Sonny gave me the finger behind her back and I laughed as I turned back to the TV. Sonny sat back down and laid his head back on the couch

"What's the move for tonight?" He asked casually

"Planned on staying inside, no mood to go out." Riley said nodding his head at Sonny

"I gotta study for my exam tomorrow so I'm in for the night." Austin said shrugging

"I have a game in a little while so im probably gonna rest up." I said leaning on my hand

"Shit, I guess I'm staying inside too." Sonny said closing his eyes

"Well, anyone down for a game of 2k?" Riley asked grabbing a controller.

"Start a game you lil bitch." Sonny teased as be jumped up and grabbed a controlled.

"We'll see who the bitch is soon, bitch." Riley said laughing and turning the system on.

They started playing the game and Austin and U went upstairs to our rooms to work on some things.