Saying Goodbye

Sonny's P.o.V

Today after graduation, it was all emotional and shit, we were sitting in the living room of the house, just talking and listening to Mom cry about how proud she was of us and how much she would miss us when we left for college.

"I'll still be here with you Mom." Riley said grinning, he didnt plan on starting til he knew he was completely ready

Mike had to go to the doctor with Melissa right after he gor his diploma handed to him, Austin had to go to baseball practice, so he'd be home later, and as for me, I was just here until I headed to my meeting in about 15 minutes, just wanted to tell my Mom bye before I went to stay at my place until tie for me to go to the college

I was never good at goodbyes, so I just tend to stay quiet, Im not sure what to say and what not to say, all I know is that they were always the hardest.

I sat in the chair and watched as Riley and Mom talked about college plans and shit like that, it was actually pretty nice seeing Riley not just going with the flow, I smiled and looked at him, I think we've all changed over the last couple of months, Mikey is serious about child and is somewhat trying to settle down with Mel, Riley hasnt gotten into any trouble and was Valedictorian for his class, well, our class anyway. Austin was still as smart as he's always been and as for me, well, I was in just as much trouble as ever, most wasnt intentional, I guess you can say that I havent changed that much, its kind of sad I guess, but I'll just have to keep trying.

My Mom talked for a little while until I told her I had to go, I went by Nicoles house and knocked on the door, she opened and frowned as she looked at me, this was her last day in town and I didnt want to see her go, I kind of wanted her to go to the same college as me, but her scholarship was all the way in New York so there was no changing her mind.

She looked at me and I gave a soft smile as i stepped closer to her and wiped her tears, she looked me in the eyes and I pulled her into a hug.

"Dont cry Nic, you know I dont like seeing your tears." I said kissing her head

"Im gonna miss your ugly ass is all." She said sniffling

"Then keep in touch." I said looking at her

"No, not like that." She said looking up at me

"What then?" I asked searching her eyes

"...I love you." She siad, more tears falling

"I know, I love you too." I said kissing her nose

"No, I mean like, really love you Sonny." She said, all seriousness in her voice

I stood there, frozen, that was the first time anyone had said that and I could tell they truly meant it, my heart just about dropped, I clenched my jaw and pulled her into another hug.

"Then dont leave." I said laying my head in her neck

"I have to." She said squeezing me

"If you stay, I'll stop the games, I'll be yours and only yours. I put that on everything I love." I said looking at her

"Sonny, I told you before this was the only college I wanted to go to, and you know I dont want to leave, but I have to baby boy." She said making me look at her

"I remember and I want you happy, so go ahead and go, but when you get back, you're mine." I said locking my jaw

She nodded and pulled back into another hug, she pulled away and looked down at her phone.

"I got go now Sonny, be safe, please? Thats all I ask." She said genty touching my cheek

"I will."I said smiling at her

She laughed a little and walked down the front steps and to her ca, I watched and sighed as I hopped off the porch and jogged over to her, I grabbed her waist and pulled her back to me and into a kiss, her hands fell on my chest and I felt her melt in my arms. She pulled from the kiss and looked at me, she smiled and pulled me back into another, I grinned and put my arms around her waist and pulled her closer to me, she wrapped her arms behind my head and deepened the kiss, I broke it and smiled as I looked at her.

"Go, call me when you make it and drive safe, okay?" I said looking at her

"I will." She said pecking my lips one last time

"Dont forget about me either." I winked

"You know I can never do that." She said getting in the car

I inhaled and smiled I waved to her, yep, goodbyes were always the hardest, here I thought I'd never find that one girl and turns out she was righ in front of me, and now she was gone. My heart dropped again as she left and sighed heavily as I walked over to my car and got in, I didnt even move, I just sat and got my thoughts together, and sighed as I pulled away from her house and headed across town to my place.

I took the elevator to my penthouse and tossed the keys on the countertop, I turned some music on and pulled my shirt off as I walked upstairs to my room, I pulled my jeans off and grabbed a pair of basketball shorts. I put them on and headed back downstairs, I grabbed the stereo remote and fell on the couch, I closed my eyes and sighed as I went deep into thought, not sure why I feel the way I do.