Another Vampire in Town

Estel's POV

I wake up to Damon in my room and groan. "What do you want?" I grumble as I brush my hair.

"We have a problem, there's a new vampire in town" he tells me.

"And that's my problem why?" I ask him.

"Already killed one person, what's to stop it from attacking Caroline?" he asks me with a smirk.

"What do you want me to do? I can't track it without a personal object" I remind him.

"You don't need one, we have this" he states handing me a pocket watch. "It's a compass that points to vampires" he tells me. I raise an eyebrow and open it to see the needle pointing at him. I go to other parts of the room and it still points at him.

"So what do you want me to do?" I ask him.

"Use it and track down new vampire. It doesn't have a daylight ring, so you'll be safe. Once you find it's hideout, call me" he states.

"I have school Damon" I state.

"Not today you don't" he states before leaving. I groan and change clothes. I brush my teeth and grab an apple. Before leaving the house and head for the location of the last animal attack I heard mum talk about. I open the compass and start to follow it into the woods. I soon reach an abandoned warehouse and call Damon.

"I'm at the abandoned Fell warehouse in the woods" I tell him.

"Just wait. I'll be there in minute" he tells me.

"Hurry up" I tell him and hang up. Not long after he appears and I hand him back the compass. "Well lets go" I say and go to head for the warehouse. He appears in front of me.

"Where do you think you're going?" he asks me.

"Inside, I'm a witch Damon. I can defend myself, or do I have to remind you of what I can do?" I ask him.

"No I don't" he states. "But he or she is obliviously a newbie. I'd rather they not learn other supernaturals aside from vampires exist" he tells me.

"Fine, you have my number it you need me" I tell him and go back to my car. As I get in my phone rings. "Hey Care, what's up?" I ask her as I find my keys.

"Career day, don't tell you forgot" she says.

"Of course not, I had an errand. But I'm done now and on my way to the school" I tell her.

"You had better hurry, mum is here and I don't know how long I can stale her" she states.

"I'll be there in ten" I state and hang up. I start the car and drive to the school. I arrive and park the car before going inside. I spot Caroline with me. "Here you two are" I say with a smile.

"Hi Estel" they say together.

"So where to first?" I ask them.

"I was about to show mum the career I'd chosen for my future" Care states.

"Then lead the way" I tell her.

"Have you thought about your future dear? Still going to write about small towns histories?" mum asks me.

"Yep" I say with a smile.

"Here's my future" Caroline says as we stop at a booth.

"Broadcast journalism?" mum and I ask her surprised.

"Yes. Broadcast journalism" Care says with a smile and mum looks skeptical. "Why are you looking at me like that?" she asks mum.

"You don't even read the paper" mum states. Caroline walks out angrily without a word.

"Smooth mum" I say and go after Caroline. But lose her in the crowd. I check the bathrooms and she's not there. So I decide to ask around and soon find Matt with Elena. "Have either of you seen Caroline?" I ask them.

"I was just telling Elena here I saw Logan Fella give Caroline a lift home" Matt tells me. But Logan is dead. Oh no, Caroline. I run off towards my car and drive to the warehouse. I arrive to see Logan walking there alone. I get out and give him an aneurysm.

"Where is my sister you low life?" I demand.

"What are you doing to me?" he cries in pain.

"Giving you multiple brain aneurysms. Now where is my sister?" I demand.

"With Stefan Salvatore" he groans. I call Damon putting him on speaker phone.

"Scumfell here says Stefan has my sister" I sneer.

"He took her home, let the idiot go" he tells me. I hang up and look back at Logan.

"You come near anyone I care about again, I'll kill you personally. Get out of town" I tell him and leave as he falls unconscious. I drive home and race to Care's room. I give her a hug.

"Can't breath Estel" she groans and I let her go. "What's with the death hug?" she asks me.

"I was worried, I couldn't find you anywhere" I tell her.

"Well I'm fine and was about to go to bed" she states. I nod my head and let her do so. I go downstairs and wait for mum.

"How is she?" she asks me.

"No memory of the event, bump on the head. She's sleeping" I tell her. She nods her head and her phone rings. She answers it and I realize it's one of her deputies.

"Yeah, I'll be right there" she tells them. She hangs up and looks at me. "Watch over your sister and let no one in" she tells me.

"We'll be fine mum" I assure her. She hugs me before leaving. I get ready for bed and go to my room to see an annoyed Damon.

"I told you to let him go, not kill him" he tells me.

"Who? Logan? He was alive when I left, just unconscious" I tell him. "It was a warning to stay away from my loved ones" I state.

"Yeah well, now he's dead and I'm further away from unlocking that tomb" he states.

"Not my problem" I tell him. "Now get out, before my mother gets home" I state as I lay down. He rolls his eyes and leaves.

A/N

Picture above of the vampire compass and on the external link of Logan Fell as a vampire.