The Day After

Estel's POV

"So why are we doing this again?" Care asks me as I give her a shot glass with vervain water in it.

"Because, according to Stefan originals can compel other vampires. Which is why Katherine is still in the tomb. We can't risk being compelled, or we might hurt our friends and family. Just a shot twice a day and we'll all be protected" I explain.

"Ok, but this is going to hurt" she says.

"We're doing it together, just think about tequila" I tell her. She nods her head as we pick up the shot glasses. "To sisters forever and always" I say. She smiles and clink the glasses together and drink it. We both cough as the vervain burns our throat.

"Well that was fun" she grumbles. "Lets get to school, I'm meeting Tyler" she tells me. I nod and we put the glasses on the sink. Before grabbing our school bags and leaving for school. Where everyone is preparing for the Booster Club Barbecue.

"Morning Caroline, Estel" Tyler says as we join.

"Morning Tyler, see you later Care" I say before leaving them. Though I eavesdrop. As Care asks him how he is feeling.

"I'm okay. I'm sore, every muscle aches" Tyler tells her. Not surprising. From what I've read he had to break every bone in his body to become a wolf.

"You did it. You know, you...your first full moon and you didn't hurt anyone. It'll get easier. You'll get better at it, you'll learn to control it and it won't hurt so much" Care assures him.

"Well, we don't know any of that for sure" Tyler tells her.

"No but small victories, Tyler. Last night was a victory. You know, let's take it" Care tells him.

"Look, I really want to thank you. I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't been there" Tyler tells her honestly.

"Yeah, anyway, uh...next month we should probably reinforce the wall because you almost got me that one time and it just would have been, um..." Care trails off.

"What?" he asks her.

"Never mind, it's..." Care starts to say.

"Wait, no, wait. What is it?" he asks her curious.

"Well, it's not a big thing, it's just that one bite and it's...you know, curtains for me" Care tells him.

"What are you talking about?" he asks her confused.

"The legend says that a bite from a werewolf can kill a vampire" Care tell him.

"How do you know that?" Tyler asks him.

"I think I read it in one of Estel's books, she's really into the supernatural" Care tells him. Just then Matt joins them and I stop eavesdropping. Going to class.

(Time skip)

I go to the grill after finishing early. I notice Damon talking to a woman. "Well, if it isn't the one I meant to kill...I'll have to get that right next time" she says. So she's the wolf who nearly bite me.

"You won't live to see another full moon unless...unless you tell me how to cure a wolf bite...and then I won't kill you" Damon tells her.

'There is no cure and won't be as long as the curse stays unbroken' the voice says.

'Finally, you say something useful' I retort and I head over to the pair. "So your the wolf that tried to bite me last night" I say as I stand by Damon.

"Wondered if I'd be seeing you" she states.

"Don't bother asking her Damon" I tell him. "The only cure that exists at the moment is putting Rose out of her misery" I tell him. "I'm sorry" I say and look at the she wolf. "You try to hurt me or my sister, you're dead" I tell her before leaving.

"She's right, you want a cure? I'll tell you the only cure that exists: take a stake and drive it through her heart" the she wolf tells Damon. Before leaving. I go home.

To see Tyler kiss Caroline on the porch. They pulled away and kissed gently again. Before Care pushes him away. "You can't do that" she tells him looking flustered.

"I'm sorry, it's..." Tyler tries to say.

"Everyone just need to stop kissing me!" she exclaims. She goes inside and slams the door shut. Tyler goes to leave and stops when he sees me.

"Smooth Lockwood, did you forgot she is trying to reconcile with Matt? You're best friend" I remind him. "I'd give her some space, she needs time to think and decide what she wants" I tell him.

"Right" he says. "I have to go, I'm late meeting someone" he tells me.

"If it's that new woman in town, don't trust her. I get a weird vibe from her" I tell him. Before going inside and up to Caroline's room. "Let me guess, both Matt and Tyler kissed you today" I say as I sit beside her on her bed.

"How did you know?" she asks me.

"I'm your older sister, it's my job to know what makes you upset. Besides I saw Tyler kiss you and your rant about people kissing you. So guessed Matt" I tell her.

"What should I do?" she asks me.

"Don't string them along" I tell her and she gives me a look. "Trust your heart, take time to think it through. Remember everything is heightened for us. Try to understand your feelings, then tell both the boys your decision" I state.

"You make it sound so easy" she grumbles.

"Well it's not, but it's all I can tell you" I tell her. "Anyway, cheers" I say offering her a shot glass. She groans but takes it. We drink them and cough. I take the glasses to the sink.

"That had better not be alcohol" mum tells me.

"It's not, it's vervain" I tell her. She looks at me shocked. "Looks like you had a long day" I state. "Anyway Care and I have started taking vervain. I know you have it every day, so will we. Don't worry she doesn't know" I tell her. "Good night" I say and leave her there shocked.

A/N

Picture above of Jules and picture on the external link of Estel's outfit.